As a political analyst you should be able to study the development of political systems, research various political subjects and collect and analyse data. Ultimately, you should be able to predict political, social, and economic trends, evaluate cultures, values and political ideologies and present unbiased reports.
Proven work experience as an intelligence/political analyst within the UK Armed Forces or Police.
Solid experience and understanding of qualitative research tools and OS platforms.
An understanding of intelligence processes and sound knowledge of Iraq, particularly its political and economic dynamics.
Experience of handling classified information with a firm understanding and knowledge of information assurance and OPSEC.
Proficiency in English and excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
Outstanding writing skills and ability to report on research findings clearly.
Current knowledge of news in country and the greater MENA region.
High levels of integrity, morality, and standards.
Able to work under pressure, both independently and as part of a team, while maintaining the integrity and quality of the product.
Possess excellent interpersonal skills that are underpinned with good IT skills, to include at the very least Microsoft Office and other standard applications and appropriately supervise and direct Iraqi staff and to interact with management.
Commercially aware – therefore bearing and turnout is a factor.
Services provided by the Contractor shall be those typically expected for someone in the Position and include, but not be limited to the provision of protective services to ensure the safety and security of all client staff and other personnel who come under duty of care of ENI, Basra. Services the Contractor can expect to carry out, would include:
- Collecting data media/social media, public opinion surveys, think tanks and election results.
- Using statistical analysis to interpret research findings.
- Developing political theories based on research and historical documents.
- Forecasting political, economic, and social trends.
- Presenting research results by writing reports, succinct paragraphs and giving presentations to the client.
- Evaluating the effects of policies and laws on government, eni and staff.
- Monitoring current events, policy decisions and legislation changes.
- Staying up to date with international trends and developments.
- Raising client awareness of important political and social issues.
- Establishing contacts and sources to use in future research.
- Maintaining commonality of process with other Aegis/GW information departments while still meeting client requirements.
- Performing any other tasks and duties not mentioned above as directed by project management.
- Any other direction or reasonable request given by appropriate GardaWorld Management team in accordance with GW Standard Operating Procedures and Guidelines.
Job Segment: Database, Statistics, Project Manager, Technology, Data