The Pottery Promoter is responsible for inspiring creativity and skills development through hands-on pottery classes. They will guide and teach the art of hand sculpting and pottery wheel techniques, empowering students to create a variety of pottery items in an engaging and supportive learning environment. Please note this is a part-time position.
- Facilitate engaging classes tailored to diverse age groups, incorporating fun hand sculpting activities for children, introductory sessions for youth and adults, and advanced skill development for crafting marketable products such as pottery mugs and bowls.
- Ensure the care and safe operation of all equipment, including pottery wheels and kiln.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the classroom.
- Prepare and set up all necessary supplies before the start of each class.
- Communicate any concerns or supply needs to the manager promptly for efficient resolution and coordination.
- Submit timely and accurate activity reports to the Program Manager.
- Attend and contribute to regular team meetings.
- Uphold SP Code of Conduct at all times.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritans Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritans Purses code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritans Purses statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge and experience creating high quality pottery products.
- Concern for others and respect for people of all ethnicities, religions, genders, and backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
- Works well in a diverse team and pressured environment.
- Maintains the highest levels of integrity, stewardship, and confidentiality.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
Education / Experience Needed
- 3+ years experience producing high quality pottery products (provide samples)
- Former experience teaching pottery preferred.
- Fluency in Kurdish required.
- Proficiency in English and/or Arabic is a plus.
- Address Baadra