|Division:||Public Relations, Media and Communication|
|Type of Contract:||FTE 1.0|
|Hours of Work:||40 Hours/Week (Normally 08:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Sunday – Thursday)|
|Place of Work:||University of Kurdistan Hewlêr|
|Appointment Duration:||3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
|Application Deadline:||Application is open until the position is filled|
The PRMC Associate (Graphic Designer) will mainly administer, update and maintain contents of UKH website, develop University general and social media designs, etc.
The candidate should have advanced design and web administration experience in addition to digital marketing skills and skills in different social media platform content design.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The PRMC Associate (Graphic Designer), in consultation with the line manager, will:
- Create design concepts and sample layouts of the University; website and social media content, etc. based on knowledge of layout principles and advanced aesthetic design concepts.
- Create designs that have a high visual impact and can be used in marketing, media and print.
- Uses software and/or sketches to design products that meet the needs of the University.
- Perform tasks to promote the University and increase its visibility locally, regionally and internationally.
- Develop innovate graphics and layouts for illustrative purposes.
- Maintain archive for images, photos, or previous work products.
- Contribute to the Design and production of brochures, posters, and newsletters.
- Use advanced computer software for design.
- Administer relevant website contents. Responsible for administering the university website and keeping it up to date.
- Apply creativity in creating social media content on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc. separately.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Department strategy and operational plan in line with the objectives of the University and its other Departments.
- In consultation with the relevant department or person, ensure that UKH’s web pages’ contents are up to date and contain appropriate news about UKH and its activities.
- Participate in the development and production of promotional and marketing materials and designs; both digitally and in person.
- Write and proofread creative, technical and social media scripts, including media materials, blog posts, newsletters, Facebook, etc.
- Participate in market research.
- Plan, organise and coordinate University events.
- Publicize UKH events to students, staff members, and/or public.
- Monitor local press and respond accordingly as well as daily alerts as per communication objectives.
- Support other team members as and when assigned the task by the line-manager.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the nature of the post and as requested by the line manager.
The PRMC Associate (Graphic Designer) should have the following attributes:
- Bachelor degree in Arts, Design, or any other relevant discipline with a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Specialised certification or professional qualification in Arts and/or Design is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Kurdish languages is compulsory. Ability to read, speak and write in Arabic language will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of graphic design, as well as MS word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign etc.
- Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- A good understanding of regional, national and international media.
- Advanced skills in photography.
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to relate with a wide range of people (UKH staff, journalists, senior managers, etc.) at different levels.
- Customer Service skills.
- Flexibility in managing workload including working outside normal office hours and willingness to travel outside Hewlêr if needed.
- Excellent time management and prioritising skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of general University principles, rules, regulations and activities.
- Knowledge of PR, marketing and social media platforms for branding and communications.
- Ability to arrange, categorise, keep and analyse data and information.
- Good attention to details.
- Knowledge of marketing strategy and tactics.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
- Interested applicants are requested to email their Application Form, CV, and Personal Statement to [email protected] by indicating the Vacancy Title: PRMC Associate (Graphic Designer) and inserting the most recent passport size photo in the area provided on the application form.
- Only complete applications: Application Form (with the most recent photo), Personal Statement and CV will be considered.
- Size of the photo must be 45mm x 35mm with no less than 150 pixels for the quality.
- Any application that does not specify the vacancy applied for will not be considered.
- An Application Form is available at Current Vacancies on the University website (http://www.ukh.edu.krd).
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.