Overall Job Description
Working under the guidance of the discipline leads, the candidate will be:
Responsible for the safe and technically compliant discipline commissioning of plant systems throughout the projects sites. The candidate will be a team member and have good communication and leadership skills, be able to develop relationships with co-workers and personnel within other departments/groups. The projects maybe Greenfield or Brownfield, Oil & Gas or Source Water related but will be completed with identical attention to detail and standards.
Must be versatile in a ‘hands on’ one team approach to achieving operating systems, covering overlaps between disciplines as a member of a small commissioning team, demonstrating professional behaviour at all times.
Be aware and adhere to project HSE requirements and other international safe working practices, demonstrate strong experience and knowledge in Control of Work managements systems.
Key Deliverables / Accountabilities
• Key member of the project Commissioning team responsible for the taking systems from MC through to handover and Start-Up operating condition
• Interfacing with Engineering design, Operations, suppliers, sub-contractors and coordinating daily work schedules for discipline technicians
• Problem solving and troubleshooting
• Maintain “as built” records, experienced in Management of Change controls, Technical Queries
• Be self-motivated, reliable, committed and flexible to work demands in remote environments
• Required to coach local Operations and Maintenance personnel during commissioning activities
• Schedule setting / planning / document preparation / writing procedures / method statements for the commissioning team / attend meetings representing the team
• Monitoring / interpretation of project milestones for alignment of commissioning activities
• Possess the ability to work as Authorised Isolation Person or other key role in a project controlled COW system
• Experienced in process design analysis, HAZID / HAZOP reviews
• Responsible for process preparation / line-ups for commissioning & Start-Up activities
Skills and Qualifications
• Recognised engineering qualification and / or proven relative Industry experience
• Ability and experience to manage across all disciplines and diverse cultures
• Flexible and accommodating in changeable / challenging circumstances
• Working knowledge of Completions systems, ideally GOC (QEDI Go Completions)
• Rotating equipment large and small experience essential
• Knowledge of process systems, piping, materials, alignments and working practices
Other Key Requirements
• Previous Middle East experience East would be an advantage although not essential
• Flexibility with business trips worldwide as and when required, including off rotation
• Experience in Water treatment plants in addition to Oil & Gas would be an advantage
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.