NRC is looking for a Procurement Adviser to join the Iraq mission. The role holder will work in a changing environment and must be able to adapt to changes, as well as dedicate an extensive part of their time to provide on-the-job training to staff and oversight and monitoring of Procurement activities with some travel to support the logistics teams in the Area Offices.
If you are an experienced, enthusiastic, and highly motivated profile with a strong background in Procurement, then this is the role for you!
What You Will Do
- Establish CO Procurement unit in Erbil to support tendering, FWA, and technical support to areas
- Lead the implementation of NRC Iraq Procurement SOP
- Support AO Logistics Coordinators to deliver against the AO procurement plan
- Be the key focal point for procurements which are reviewed by the regional High-value tender committee
- Responsible to create awareness of anti-corruption practices amongst procurement staff and programmes
- Responsible to capacity build procurement staff in NRC SOPs and Donor ways of working
- Responsible to deliver procurement reports when required
- Consolidate AO procurement plans at the CO level and conduct high-level review
- Work closely with the AO Logistics Coordinators to identify challenges and collaboratively identify solutions.
- Responsible to organise regular Procurement meetings and workshops to ensure regular information sharing and consistency across all offices.
- Ensure adherence to SOPs, NRC Logistics Handbook, and donor regulations at all times.
- Review and highlight to Logistics Manager when updates to SOPs are required.
- Conduct regular spot-checks on Procurement files and supporting documentation.
- Liaise with the compliance department to improve the quality of services delivered by Procurement to other NRC departments and therefore beneficiaries
What You Will Bring
- Minimum 5 years of senior Procurement experience in Humanitarian contexts.
- Experience in managing teams
- Proven experience in Supply Change Management and Compliance.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Experience in Iraq or the Middle East context
- Fluency in Arabic, both written and verbal.
- Experience working in matrix management structure
What We Offer
- Erbil, Iraq duty station
- 12-month contract duration renewable subject to performance and funding
- 30% travel, (roughly 1 week per month)
- Grade 8 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, and physical ability.
- We think outside the box, encourage ideas, and give responsibility to all employees at all levels. You will have many opportunities to be heard and take the initiative.
- Address Erbil
- How to apply Click on the link: https://ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_2019/requisitions/preview/9896/?keyword=procurement+adviser&mode=location