- Company background
Van Company for Industrial Investment and General Trading was established in (1999) and gained preference and distinction among companies, in 2020 the decision has been made to establish Van Steel to be the largest plant in Iraq. Van Steel is a rebar-making plant, situated in Timar Industrial Zone in the city of Erbil. Our facility is dedicated to producing high-quality construction reinforcement rebars spanning from 8 to 32 mm utilizing the latest technology of the Arc Furnace.
- Job Description / Assignment
Van Steel is recruiting a Procurement Assistant to support Van Steel Engineering needs in Erbil office/factory.
Overall purpose of the role: The Procurement Assistant will be supporting Managers in operations by managing procurement duties.
Procurement and logistics
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services according to the organization’s procurement Rules.
- Ensure that the procurement and logistics documentation is complete and updated accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with donor conditions and audit requirements.
- Advice the line manager on all issues related to procurement and logistics and ensure transparency and accountability in all activities in every stage of procurement.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports. Report any suspicion of wrongdoings to the line manager.
- Follow and implement guidelines set by donors as per project specifications and prepare to open bidding on multiple projects as needed to move projects forward.
- Manage the transportation unit, ensure compliance with organization’s processes and donor conditions on this matter, ensure that the vehicle fleet is in the best working condition, scrutinize vehicle log sheets, monitor fuel usage by each vehicle, and maintain records on vehicle maintenance.
- Communicate with contractors on the bidding and tendering process.
- Carry out any other relevant duty as requested by the line manager.
- Follows up on orders to ensure that materials are shipped and delivered on promised dates.
- Maintains records and follows up documentations filing of purchases, shipments, and related matters as per the guidelines.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Must inspect products received for quality and quantity to ensure adherence to specifications.
- Informs other staff and vendors regarding procedural requirements (e.g., ordering and purchasing procedures, available funds, etc.) for the purpose of facilitating the purchasing process with established practices.
- Maintains purchasing documents, files and records (e.g. Requests for Proposal, vendor files, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- Relevant University degree in Procurement, Logistics, Administration, or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of previous Procurement and logistics experience in a similar position. Previous work experience for a similar industry would be an asset.
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet, and ERP system.
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Time management skills.
- Team working skills.
- Strong working knowledge of English, Kurdi, (spoken and written). Turkish and Arabic would be an asset.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Effective communication and leadership abilities
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with all department staff.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- How to apply Only applicants who apply as per the below details will be shortlisted. • We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and encourage everyone to apply. We particularly encourage women to apply and contribute to our diverse and inclusive work environment. • Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. • Deadline of submission: 21st November 2023 23:59 • All applications must include the following (In English and in PDF format only): o Detailed CV o Cover Letter (explaining suitability for the position) o Email body • Applications should be sent to Jobs@vansteeliraq.com , using the following subject line: “Procurement Assistant” • Van Steel reserves the right to close the announcement prior to the stated deadline as applications are screened on a rolling basis and only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. • Incomplete applications and wrong title formats will not be considered.