We are looking for a Purchasing Officer to buy products that are essential for our company’s day-to-day operations. You will review prices and quality and ensure optimal stock levels.
Purchasing Officer responsibilities include evaluating vendors, negotiating contracts, and preparing reports (e.g. on orders and costs.) For this role, you should have good knowledge of market research, along with solid analytical skills to make sure you’re identifying the most profitable offers.
Ultimately, you’ll create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is high quality and delivered on time.
- Research potential vendors
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers
- Negotiate contract terms of agreement and pricing
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Review the quality of purchased products
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information, and invoices
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
- BSc in Logistics, Business Administration or relevant field
- Proven work experience as a Purchasing Officer, Purchasing Agent, or similar role
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating, and liaising with vendors)
- Understanding of supply chain procedures
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses
- Negotiation skills
- Address Al Muthanna - Samawa USD Month
- How to apply Please send your CV to email@example.com