Position: Procurement Manager
Reporting To: Administration, Legal, and HR General Manager
Duty Station: Erbil branch office
The Procurement Manager leads procuring goods and services and managing suppliers. S/he implements procurement operations, searches for better deals, and creates creative and cost-effective procurement strategies that serve Toyota Iraq’s best interests. The procurement manger responsibilities include:
- Develop, lead, and implement procurement strategy.
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the procurement section.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Develop, maintain, implement, and enforce company’s procurement policies and procedures for delivering high quality and cost-effective procuring process.
- Assess, manage, and minimize risks
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Seek out and build partnerships with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Develop and maintain Supplier database.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain best price and services
- Provide monthly reporting for management on purchasing, controls, and processes.
- Ensure principles of value for money, transparency, fairness, efficiency, and accountability are evident in company procurements.
- Advise senior management and improve procurement process
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- 7 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Fluency in English, Kurdish, and Arabic
- Iraqi nationality
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- A knack for negotiation and networking
- Solid judgment with ability to make good decisions
- Address Toyota Iraq, Mosul Road, Erbil USD Month