This position is responsible for Ensuring procurement procedures and controls are robust and minimize organizational risk ensuring the accuracy, integrity and timeliness procurement requests for both local and international purchases. The position is also responsible for development and monitoring of procurement policies and procedures ensuring that all standards are followed when placing orders and selecting vendors.
- Develop the company purchasing strategy; policies and procedures to be followed for Vendor/supplier selection and agreements.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders, negotiate better payment terms with suppliers regularly.
- Ensure that all purchasing activities are is in compliance with purchasing practices and in accordance with company policies and evaluation criteria for all company internal needs, forward for Finance for review and processing.
- Handle the acquisition, distribution, and storage of equipment and supplies.
- Obtain 3 offers for all purchasing requests received and ensure adhering to company policies and procedures.
- Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Supervise Forecasting levels of demand for products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels.
- Locate vendors of materials on continuous basis, equipment or supplies, and conduct market visit regularly to evaluate vendors in order to determine product availability and terms of sales.
- Identify potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them.
- Conduct research to ensure the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality.
- Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for material ordered by reviewing stocks available and ensuring material ordered and quantities are according to Stock cover policy.
- Maintain stock levels and stock availability to ensure the stock cover policy is maintained
- Monitor and follow up on the lead time for all warehouse processes including: Shipping, packing…etc.
- Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Prepare reports regarding market pricing of frequently purchased material on regular basis.
- Maintain stocks and estimate future demand ensuring departmental demand is met.
- Follow up about warranties and make sure Company is compensated against warranty items
- Guarantee high quality of internal administration, filing and traceability of all orders.
- Update management on the status of shipments in the pipeline and all new arrivals.
- Ensure all the import-related documents are complete in order for the goods to reach their destination on time.
- Report all inefficiency related incidents by communicating reasons for delays and claims when needed.
- Review all penalties, fees and transportation rates and report to management.
- Analyze current procurement activities and recommend improvement through more efficient procurement methods, quantity discounts.
Internal/People Management duties:
- Select and hire employees in the function, train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work output.
- Prepare the daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports as per department guidelines
- Guarantee high quality of internal administration, filing and traceability of all documents to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the department manually and electronically.
- Bsc. in Industrial Engineering, Logistics or related field.
Years of Experience
- 5 Years’ Experience in Procurement
- Good Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.
- Good computer skills and experience using software tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent understanding in all Business Operations
- Company’s Policies and Procedures
- Experience and Knowledge of Suppliers available in the local and international market and pricing.
- Process improvement and cost reduction methods.
- Development of budgets and plans for the sections assigned.
- Change planning, assessment, and implementation
- Planning of Procurement, inventory control, logistics, and distribution.