Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for a Production Chemist to be based in Basra on 28/28 rotation for one of the Operating clients.
- Safe and Efficient Operations
- Daily site support to field Operations Teams
- Input to Production Chemistry Threats
- Input to Sampling Program
- Input into Crude Quality Plan
- Coaching / mentoring Crude Quality Team
- Support the Optimization and Operations Teams to resolve plant technical issues, process improvements, operability improvements and troubleshooting.
- A member of the OPS Production Chemistry team reporting to the Production Chemist Team Lead.
- The position involves daily site visits to support field operations teams.
- The role will support production chemistry related activities including trouble shooting at the degassing stations and working with CMS Supplier and site teams to ensure mitigate production chemistry threats, such as flow assurance, corrosion, crude quality, gas export quality, produced water quality and laboratory compliance.
- Project management of production chemistry and crude quality related projects. Process data monitoring, interpretation, and reporting.
Deliverables [Reports, KPI sets and Meetings you issue or chair]
- Daily Ops/Maintenance Meeting NR (participant) (participant)
- Weekly Crude Quality Meeting (input)
- Weekly Optimization Team Priority Meeting (input)
- Weekly Operations Performance Meeting (Input)
- Weekly CMS contract Priority Meeting (Input)
- Monthly CMS Performance Meeting (Input)
- Daily / Weekly reporting as required / Behaviour based observations and Technical Reports
- Site visits and technical reports
Skills / Qualifications
- Equivalent to degree qualification in Chemistry or related discipline from a relevant internationally recognised process engineering institution.
- Minimum of 10 years in field experience.
- Individual must be qualified in oil and gas separation, flow assurance, corrosion mitigation, foam suppression, biological controls and monitoring, PW treatment, as well as related laboratory analysis and management.
- Expected to embrace and adopt the Company Code of Conduct (CoC), safety leadership principles and uphold the values of the company.
- The role will be expected to provide mentoring and support the development of our national team members.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!