Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is hiring for a Production Engineer to work in Iraq on 28/28 rotation.
Capacity Enhancement / Downtime
- Review events daily (cease-flow/shut-in wells) and develop response plans
- Complete Problem Well Report form
- Work with Operations, Surface Technical, Reservoir, Wellwork, ESP and Drilling on facility and well surveillance
- Identify production improvement opportunities and support process to bring them to execution
- Review PI system to identify well performance issues and propose enhancement measures
- Share opportunity seriatim with Ops management, ALT and SLT
- Conduct wellsite surveillance checks to verify and tweak production status
- Daily review of Water Injection performance, identify WI improvement opportunities and interface with WI to enhance performance
- Performs weekly Degassing Station walkabouts
- Safety – looking for unsafe conditions
- Facility – identify facility enhancement and integrity opportunities
- Review Operators Surveillance Sheets looking for anomalies
- Identify Process Safety issues and work with Ops leadership team to mitigate risks
- Identify and eliminates bottlenecks with planned work activities
- Completes WQ1 Maintenance Notification Form for items that require maintenance support
Lead productive impact across FOD functions; identify and eliminate barriers to achieve maximizing Asset performance
- Participate at regular ALT meetings and drive performance improvements to increase oil production and reliability.
- Responsible and accountable for communicating FOD expectations on job safety, health, environmental and security
- Mentor FOD-counterparts, business partners and contractors on their roles and responsibilities to help foster and develop strong leadership principles within the operating organization
- Develop, review and coach on operating procedures to enhance operational skills and effectiveness
- Manage interfaces with Maintenance, Surface Technical, Reservoir and Wellwork Departments to sustain asset integrity and profitability. Also inform and consult Operations Manager and Asset management timely regarding any production shortcomings.
- Effectively communicate with all Operations Supervisor, Section Heads, Wellwork and Reservoir as well as contracting support groups
- Build up an integrated view of job ownership and extended accountability of Operations team members. Ensure personnel have the necessary qualifications and certification to conduct field operations task.
Degassing Station Management
- Apply good business judgments to make best business solutions/decisions in maximizing asset value and performance
- Review and approve deviation to approved work procedures as per Management of Change and work approval process
- Minimize volume related downtime and identify system performance issues. Track and analyze water injection and associated oil productivity. Initiate regular contractor performance meetings.
Skills / Qualifications
- 15 – 20 years+ experience in Oil and Gas Operations – required
- 5 years previous key management position within an operating oil or gas field – required
- Solution/action oriented versus simply problem reporting
- Good communications (oral & written) in English
- Highest standard of Safety, Health, Environment aptitude and cultivates the same in others.
- Ability to interact in a multi-cultural environment
- Previously worked in a leadership position.
- Demonstrated experience in liaising with third party contractors, business partners and local communities.
- Good understanding of facilities, operations, reservoir, wellwork, equipment integrity and maintenance.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!