Contract personnel shall consist of: • Experienced expat Production Operations Specialists working on a back-to-back 28/28 rotation period.
Job Details Position Title Production Operations Specialist (contract) Direct Supervisor Operations Superintendent Report to Operations Superintendent Department Operations Job Location Khormor – Kurdistan region of Iraq
Job Summary and Scope of Responsibilities
Part of the continuous improvement of the Khormor Operation, supporting the daily operations of the LPG recovery plant. Ensures operational and maintenance activities are conducted in accordance with Operational and local Procedures. Operates the plant and delivers core maintenance work to meet business targets of HSE requirements. Provides leadership and develops the skills and competency of the shift team members. Provides senior level experience, coaching and mentoring to ensure subordinates are trained to meet all operational requirements. Advises and mentors the shift team members to meet business needs by working in a safe and environmentally correct manner. Seeks and delivers continuous improvement opportunities. Promotes and ensures compliance with Permit to Work and HSE Regulations and Procedures. Utilizes experience and hazard identification knowledge to minimize plant hazards during routine activities through utilization of STEP 2 program. Reports to the Operations Superintendent.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Plant Management & Processes
1. Contributes to Khormor LPG Facility’s continuous improvement in Production and HSE performance by ensuring safety and environmental Standards and Procedures are followed within the workplace.
2. Provide senior level mentoring and coaching expertise to local national operations staff both in the Control Room and outside Plant Areas.
3. Provide additional guidance to Lead Operators in the areas of PTW, Risk Assessment and Isolation standards.
4. Strong emphasis on behavioral safety improvement and operations best practice.
5. Encourage early identification and pro-active approach in resolving developing problems.
6. Ensures appropriate control mechanisms, procedures and processes are followed in accordance with the Operational Procedures.
7. Operates the plant within design limits to meet set performance targets and customer demands. Conducts operational activities to preserve the long-term reliability of the plant.
8. Contributes to the process planning and execution of plant maintenance shutdowns and Start-Ups.
9. Seeks to deliver continuous improvement initiatives and where possible manage the delivery of these initiatives, involving other parties as required.
10. Assists the Production Supervisor in managing the shift team to complete planned and unscheduled work to meet business needs Attends and contribute operational requirements at the maintenance planning/scheduling meetings.
Lead role in Emergency Situations
11. Provide calm, authoritative guidance to the CRO’s and/or Production Operators during emergency situations in the plant and supports the Shift Supervisors in their undertaking the lead role as the On-scene Commander in addressing the situation.
Leadership and Supervision
12. Provides on the job training, coaching and mentoring.
13. Develops the skills and competence of the shift team through on-job-training, consistent with the Khormor CAP Process.
14. Identifies and address areas of improvement for all CRO’s and Production Operators.
15. Conducts regular feedback of progress to Operations Superintendent.
Health, Safety and Quality
16. Ensures all work on the ‘LPG Plant’ is carried out safely and meets environmental standards and local regulations.
17. Ensures company safety and environmental policies are followed by all personnel working in the Plant, promoting good Housekeeping and Waste Management.
18. Promotes a positive safety culture within the shift team by raising the standards of ‘Hazard Awareness’ and the implementation of the ‘2nd STEP’.
19. Supports the Production Supervisor in his role as initial on-scene commander during emergencies as Alpha 2, in the absence of the Operations Superintendent.
Reporting and Communication
20. Reports to the Operations Superintendent on all issues relating to the management of the plant.
21. Exhibits and maintains excellent working relationships with all CreDan staff.
Continuous Improvement of Position
22. Conducts a thorough plant inspection and makes suggestion for the improvement of plant operations and procedures.
• Lead Operator
• Senior Pipeline Operator
• Wellhead Operator
• DCS Operator
• Plant Supervisor Trainee
Minimum Educational, Technical Qualifications/Certifications Required
• Engineering or technical qualifications along with extensive experienced background in hydrocarbon facilities
Minimum Professional Experience Required
• Minimum of 20 years in hydrocarbon facilities, with 10 Years at Senior Operator/Supervisor level. Experience as Control Room Operator of onshore Gas & LPG plant is essential. Previous experience in Control of Work/PTW and isolation procedures is also essential.
Special Requirements and Conditions
• Experience of mentoring and coaching local nationals is essential. With a strong emphasis on multicultural sensitivity.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Good organizational and planning skills
• Good communication skills in English
• Excellent Coaching & Mentoring & Leadership skills
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Knowledge sharing
• Time management
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work under stress.
• Very good team player
• Well-rounded interpersonal skills
• Ability to demonstrate honesty and confidentiality.
• Proactive approach
• Alertness and attention to details
• Analytical thinking
• Conceptual and innovation thinking
• Ability to work with individuals from various nationalities.
• Multi-tasking skills
• Excellent understanding of Control Room Operations
• In-depth understanding of oil, gas & LPG production equipment and processes
• Very good computer skills in Microsoft Office for purposes of reporting and data collection
• Knowledge of wellhead operations
• Knowledge in pipeline cathodic protection
• Fully experienced in working with safety management systems and an understanding of local safety management legislation.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- Address Khormor