WRS Kurdistan are looking for Local candidates to work as Production Operator (Gas System) for an International Oil and Gas company in Kurdistan.
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Schedule: 14 days on / 14 days off
Operates Gas Processing plant and Gas injection wells which include Gas compressors, Amine Sweetening Unit, Dew point Control Unit and associated Utilities under the supervision of Gas System Supervisor.
- Monitors and checks the Gas plant and associated Utilities operating conditions in accordance with set schedules, including taking samples, recording readings, looking for leaks, and position of valves etc…
- Carries out general walk through in his/her responsible area and checks rotating equipment, field instruments etc. at regular interval.
- Handles chemicals, adjusts chemicals injection rates as per program and be aware of safety precautions related to those activities.
- Suggests possible improvements regarding facilities and procedures to the Production Supervisor.
- Prepares the facilities and equipment for maintenance activities (ensures isolation/deisolation are set as required in the Permit to Work).
- Gets actively involved in the all kind of commissioning activities.
- Carries out Housekeeping duties as required at all times.
- Assists the Production Team Leader in gathering the required information for the daily report.
- To maintain smooth operations of gas plant and gas injection wells.
- Always be available for shutdowns or breakdowns and assist with critical operations.
- Performs his/her duties in accordance with the Company HSE procedures.
- Follows Permit to Work system as Area Authority.
- Meet the operating requirements by addressing the problems in a timely manner.
- Reports all incidents, injuries, hazardous or abnormal situations to the Production Team Leader/Production Supervisor.
- Minimum of 3 years practical experience in the Oil and Gas industry in a similar position.
- Good ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent in Kurdish & English languages.