Why the American University of Iraq – Baghdad?
Opening its doors in 2021, the new American University of Iraq – Baghdad (AUIB) began as a dream of influential individuals in Iraq and the United States from business, industry and government who want to see a world-class institution of higher learning established in the city, reminiscent of the days when Baghdad was an educational Mecca and flourishing capital of the Muslim world. With an expansive library, palatial college buildings and student centers, state-of-the-art classrooms, laboratories, and athletic facilities, AUIB is a beautiful campus attracting students, faculty, and staff from throughout the world. We invite you to join us in this exciting new venture.
This position will report directly to the Dean of Healthcare Technologies.
Professor of Dental Technology,
Job description/ duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Teach basic and advanced didactic, laboratory, and clinical training courses for undergraduates in dental technology
- Advise students on all matters that relate to their course registration and academic success
- Perform program curriculum development/ revision; ongoing review, assessment, and evaluation; and other tasks relating to improving overall quality and effectiveness of the program
- Set up, supervise, and coordinate students’ internship/ clinical training in appropriate residency programs as needed
- Draft and update program-specific academic policy documents as appropriate and needed
- Develop program marketing materials and assist in recruitment activities
- Participate in scholarly activities, university and public service, as appropriate
- Take part in developing, facilitating, and updating program affiliations with pertinent professional institutions/ agencies, etc.
Qualifications: Candidate must have
- PhD or MS in dental technology, or related discipline, from an accredited university. Candidates with DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery), DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine), or advanced degree from an accredited dental school with familiarity in dental technology are eligible to apply.
- A valid “dental technology”, or dentist, certificate/ license.
- Minimum of 3 years of teaching experience in an academic setting
- Minimum of 3 years of professional work experience
- Familiarity with pertinent national and international accrediting agencies/ bodies is a plus
Procedure for Candidacy:
Applications should include a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, a curriculum vitae, current formal photo and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references, within the last three (3) years. Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please send your application with supporting documents to the email address: