Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disastersaround the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
With its portfolio in Iraq, Malteser International is linking relief, rehabilitation and development and is implementing programs focussing mainly on Health, Livelihood and Social Cohesion. Malteser International currently employs around 20 staff members in three locations in Iraq with its main office in Erbil; the donors of Malteser International in Iraq include AA, BMZ and private donors. Malteser International plans for further growth in the region and is extending its portfolio in terms of geographical reach, sectoral programs and partners.
For its work in Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Program Administrator – National Position.
As the Program Administrator, you willbe responsible to ensure all financial, administrative and logistics procedures as well as Human Resource Management of Malteser International operations in Iraq including implementing partners.
- Oversee, in alignment with the Program Coordinator, the implementation of projects carried out by Malteser International and its partners in line with Malteser International, relevant donor as well as national legislative guidelines in administration, finance and logistics
- Lead, guide and orient the administration/support team of Malteser International in Iraq/KRI
- Supervise Finance and Logistics Officers in conducting voucher verification visit with partner organisation; assure reports are prepared and shared with the partner
- Administrate and support international and national recruitment processes in close alignment with the Country Coordinator and/or respective Management staff (job advertisement, use of MI recruitment system)
- Ensure track record of time sheets, staff holidays and leave requests for all national staff and inform respective line managers and the Country Coordinator on remaining leave of staff quarterly
- Ensure timely reporting to KRI and GoI Department of NGO per assigned deadlines
- Maintain regular communication related to operational management with the MI Team and HQ to ensure that relevant information is being shared in a timely manner among relevant stakeholders
- Minimal University Degree in Business Administration or equivalent study
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in International NGO
- Experience in finance and/or logistics is necessary
- Proven knowledge and skills of leadership as well as project implementation management experience are added values
- A strong team-oriented approach with excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Experience in working with German and international donors (AA, BMZ, EU, etc.) is an added value
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Kurdish and English pre-requisition; knowledge of German language will be an asset.
What we offer:
- Start Date: Immediately
- Duty Station: Erbil, Kurdistan Region Of Iraq
- Duration of contract: 1 year with potential for extension
- Salary according to qualification and experience, staff benefits including health insurance
Working for Malteser International
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession or origin.
Whether you work as a specialist on overseas service or in one of our regional offices – we offer you a challenging working environment in an experienced international team. More than 1,000 national and international staff are currently deployed in various crisis and disaster areas around the world as well as in our regional offices in Cologne and New York City. For more information please have a look here.