The Program and Operations Coordinator is responsible for implementing the portfolio of scholarship and exchange programs and activities implemented at AMIDEAST/Iraq with support from the Senior Program Manager and directly supervised by the Country Director. The portfolio is comprised of degree-granting scholarship programs and short-term educational, enrichment, and exchange programs funded by a variety of sponsors including national and international entities. The Program and Operations Coordinator, under the supervision of the Country Director, will be responsible for the implementation of activities including initiating recruitment activities, making presentations to stakeholders and programs applicants, screening applications, communication of recruitment status with stakeholders and reporting on all exchange programs.
The Program and Operations Coordinator will coordinate key activities with other AMIDEAST staff based at the organization’s headquarters. Additionally, the Program and Operations Coordinator will serve as a senior representative for AMIDEAST on a regular basis to key stakeholders. The incumbent will manage day-to-day operations for AMIDEAST’s office including line management of staff, some financial oversight, and ensuring proper resources for operations and programs, with remote guidance and support from the Country Director.
- Manages and develops resources for the various programs, prepares handouts and power point presentations and disseminates information for all exchange programs in coordination with the Senior Program Manager.
- Organizes and conducts outreach visits to areas in South/Central Iraq, including visits to universities, local businesses and NGOs.
- Provides oversight of Exchange Program activities, including line management of Program Assistants and Representatives
- Coordinates exchange program outreach activities with other AMIDEAST programs and Senior Program Manager.
- Meets with applicants and visitors to the AMIDEAST office and answers inquiries about the exchange programs for applicants located in South/Central Iraq
- Serves as a liaison and works collaboratively with HQ staff regarding AMIDEAST education abroad programs from program development through implementation, monitoring and final reporting for all issues and activities in South/Central Iraq.
- Conducts individual and group exchange program advising sessions and guides students through the scholarship and exchange program application processes.
- Coordinates with testing department and assists in the testing processes
- Initiates processes for exchange students with visa applications, scheduling visa interviews, and booking travel for program participants.
- Leads post nomination orientations and pre-departure orientations and events
- Maintains specific exchange program databases and uses the databases to run monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Translates articles, flyers, and letters between Arabic and English.
- Writes reports as requested by Headquarters and the AMIDEAST/Iraq Country Director.
- Assists the Country Director in the budgeting, finance and proposal writing activities specific to potential scholarship and exchange program opportunities.
- Assists Country Director in interviewing and hiring potential local staff for AMIDEAST/Iraq.
- Attends exchange program and business development meetings and assists Country Director with necessary follow-up tasks from meetings.Operations (40%):
- Handles selected financial duties including preparation of receipts and payment vouchers.
- Maintains automated and auditable inventories of resale items and fixed assets
- Responds to inquiries or requests for corrections after Regional Finance Team reviews
- Allocates courier, telephone bills and supplies to projects
- Ensure that staff timesheets are signed and approved within two business days of the end of the month
- Responsible for procurement of materials and services authorized by the Country Director and in accordance with AMIDEAST Policies and Procedures
- Services as focal point for key stakeholders and partners
- Supports the Country Director by facilitating and maintaining new stakeholder relations
- Responsible for office management and administrative support to the office team
• A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field: education, humanities, human resource management, or business administration.
• A minimum of three years experience in an academic environment or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
• A high level of proficiency in English as demonstrated by a TOEIC score of at least 800
• Project and program management skills, including budgeting, monitoring and evaluation, and report writing.
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills
• Excellent oral and written communications
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Good customer service and public relations skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities with frequent interruptions
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds
• An ability to take initiative and work effectively without close supervision
• Collaborative, team oriented approach to work
• Ability to maintain the highest professional and ethical standards of conduct
• Strong support for AMIDEAST’s mission
• A Master’s degree in relevant field: education, humanities, HR, business administration, or other similar fields
• A minimum of 5 years of staff management experience.