Search for Common Ground (Search) is the world’s largest dedicated peacebuilding organization envisioning a world of safe, healthy, and just societies, free from the threat of violent conflict. Founded in 1982, Search works on the frontlines of today’s most consequential conflicts where millions of lives are at stake. Our core methodology is called the Common Ground Approach, through which we help adversaries learn to trust each other, create avenues for collaboration, and generate breakthroughs for peace. Search works in multiple countries across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with our MENA Regional Office based in Amman.
The Program Implementation team has oversight for the implementation of Search’s programs and projects in its country offices, in accordance with Search and donor policies and procedures. The Program Implementation team works on the full life-cycle of the project, from the start-up phase to the full close-out. This involves designing work plans, implementing activities, reporting, financial management, and staffing management. The Program Implementation team collaborates with other departments, including Finance, Institutional Learning, Programs, Global Affairs and Partnerships, Human Resources, Supply Chain and Information Technology.
- Conduct supporting activities required for program implementation, reporting, compliance, financial and subaward management and external engagement.
- Provide knowledge management documentation to support the design process.
- Supporting Search’s local partner with implementation, program review and monitoring.
- Reporting: Assist in the development of project documents (e.g., presentations, agenda, etc.); support in drafting sections of donor reports; draft monthly or activity reports; coordinate data collection (e.g., interview participants) for case studies and reporting.
- Compliance: Review project documents (e.g., Purchase Requests (PRs)) in line with donor/Search rules/regulations (e.g., PR threshold); review project documents to ensure compliance with finance and logistics.
- Financial Management: Organize and maintain an updated online and hardcopy filing system for project and finance documents.
- Subaward Management: Draft Terms of Reference (ToR) for subaward; support in facilitating partner payments (i.e., collecting documentation, facilitating approvals, etc.).
- Development of Key Procurement Materials (e.g., Purchase Orders (POs), PRs, etc.).
- External Engagement: Take minutes of meetings as needed. Assist in the development of materials for external stakeholders.
- Assist in Data Entry from pre/post tests and learning tools.
- Support Design Processes by integrating lessons learned, recommendations and challenges from the field.
- Infuses organizational Values into all work and be committed to safeguarding and child protection responsibilities.
- Other duties that are broadly in line with the above key contributions as assigned.
Competency Behavior Indicators (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Engages and communicates effectively across functions and across teams.
- Participates in external meetings.
- Builds relationships and engages effectively with collaborators.
- Uses resiliency and exhibits flexibility and adaptability to changing tasks and team priorities.
- With oversight by the supervisor, writes technical sections for team documents, briefing materials, and presentations.
- Works across functions from a multicultural perspective that reflects consideration of other cultures, other viewpoints, and other ways of doing things.
- Sensitively recognizes ethical situations.
- Focuses on the key objectives of a task or project.
- Creates accurate, organized, and timely work.
- Is resourceful with time management and technology to prioritize tasks with limited supervision.
Type and Nature of Contacts
Interacts with others and handles problem situations with tact. Periodic external engagement as requested.
Education and Experience
- Typically BS/BA with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Minimum of 3 years working within NGO’s.
- Language skills, English, Kurdish and Arabic are a must.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Usual office environment conditions; ability to travel nationally at least 25%.
Supervisory and Budget Responsibility
- Address Erbil, Iraq
- How to apply Interested candidates can visit below link to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/sfcg/58dd4ebe-5f7f-42bc-ba45-5fa5087d8531 Deadline for Applications is Thursday, August 24, 2023. Selection will be made on a rolling basis and we therefore advise you to submit your completed application as soon as possible. To apply, interested candidates should submit the following items: - Current Resume - Cover Letter Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work. All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration- Audacity – Tenacity – Empathy – Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud. Search is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children, youth and vulnerable adults with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children, youth, and vulnerable adults. Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.