|Preferably Gaza, and West bank, or (Cairo would be considered)
|Number of positions open:
|Last date for application:
|February 18th 2024
Regional Director, HQ staff, Regional Office staff
Purpose of Assignment
SAMS has long experience in emergency response in Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and beyond. In response to the recent attack, SAMS initiated a humanitarian response by collaborating with international and local partners. The main initiatives impeded distribution of fresh food baskets in Middle and Northern Gaza, along with distribution of clothes. Moreover, SAMS has financially supported international organizations which helped advance medical response amidst heightened tension. The support will expand to serve additional geographical affected areas in Gaza whilst focusing on SAMS areas of expertise.
Aligning with humanitarian principles, the program coordinator must fulfill leadership positions by ensuring proper consultation with legal authorities on the potential registration of SAMS in Egypt, support local partners in procuring medical supplies, and materials, and ensure projects are implemented according to agreements and SAMS principles. This role will be based in Egypt, with mandatory travel within Egypt, and possible travel within the region.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
Strategic Coordination and Representation
- Collaborate with SAMS’ Regional Office and establish the rationale for intervention in Gaza, including the humanitarian needs, existing challenges, and ongoing initiatives.
- Conduct a comprehensive mapping exercise to identify and engage with organizations involved in the emergency response in Gaza, both from Egypt and neighboring countries.
- Foster collaborative relationships with local and international organizations through regular meetings to discuss updates, progress, and the modality of the response.
- Represent SAMS across health and protection working groups dedicated to Gaza ensuring active participation and contribution to collective efforts.
- Facilitate active communication and coordination between SAMS and other stakeholders involved in the response.
- Screen and evaluate potential partners expressing interest in initiating projects in Gaza and West Bank.
- Collaborate with selected partners to develop and implement impactful projects aligned with SAMS’ mission and the needs of the community.
- Ensure proper follow up on all needs assessments conducted to ensure SAMS’s response is in line with the identified needs.
- Establish and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, including UN agencies, the Egyptian Red Cross, and Red Crescent, to stay informed about progress and gather essential information.
Grant Management and project implementation
- Develop comprehensive timelines and budget forecasts for all projects and activities, aligning them with SAMS international standards and guidelines.
- Monitor and track project milestones, promptly identifying any deviations from the planned schedule, and take corrective actions as necessary.
- Proactively address queries and concerns, ensuring a transparent and collaborative relationship with all stakeholders involved in supporting our projects.
- Ensure that all activities are implemented in strict adherence to SAMS international standards, guaranteeing the delivery of high-quality services and interventions.
- Conduct weekly follow-up meetings with partners to assess progress, identify challenges, and offer proactive support by proposing effective solutions.
- Ensure, while liaising with the finance and compliance teams, supporting documents are well collected.
- Implement a robust monitoring and reporting system to track the progress of initiatives, ensuring timely updates to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the Business Development Manager in drafting qualitative proposals and budgets.
- Lead the drafting of qualitative final and midterm internal and external donors, meticulously showing the outcomes achievements.
Supply Chain Management
- Ensure effective implementation of procurement requests as per SAMS procurement policies and procedures.
- Have full awareness of the procurement cycle.
- Provide Technical advice to project teams’ partners to ensure proper preparation of procurement plans.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and standards in the procurement process for all supplies.
- Conduct regular market analysis to identify cost-effective sourcing options.
- Maintain regular communication with vendors to ensure receiving quotations with the required quality against purchase requests received, and ensure securing transportation to the end destination.
- Develop and maintain procurement documentation, including records of purchases, pricing, and performance of suppliers.
- Coordinate with the finance department to ensure timely payments to suppliers.
- Promote and model a positive, professional, and respectful office culture.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
• Bachelor Degree in international development, public health or related degree in social services, with specializations and/or experience covering areas such as health systems strengthening, health service delivery, health policy and management, protection.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience developing multi-year, innovation projects within the health and/or protection sectors, specifically related to development programs in the Middle East.
• Fluent written and spoken in Arabic
• Fluent written and spoken English
- communication skills
- organization skills, with the ability to work quickly and manage competing priorities Proposal Writing
- remote management
- attention to detail and critical thinking
- Capacity to work with multiple offices, across time zones.
- Excellent knowledge of Geopolitics of the Middle East.
- Extensive knowledge of the response in Gaza.
- Flexibility in moving across Egypt, and within the region if required.
- MS Office
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS salary scale.
Application is only accepted through SAMS recruitment website
Interested candidates may please send their resume and fill the application in the following link:
- Address Preferably Gaza, and West bank, or (Cairo would be considered)
- How to apply CONTRACT CONDITIONS The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS salary scale. Application is only accepted through SAMS recruitment website Interested candidates may please send their resume and fill the application in the following link: https://recruitment.sams-hr.com/