The USAID-funded Ta’afi Program is working towards a more inclusive and prosperous Iraq by empowering Iraqis to lead positive change. Ta’afi does this by working with Iraqi partners to organize the community to address local issues and mobilize around common causes affecting all of Iraq.
The Program Coordinator will report to Program Manager.
The role is based in Sinjar, Ninawah, Iraq.
- Serves as the lead representative of ICRI-Ta’afi project in specified geographic areas, establishing connections with local leadership, civil society, and other stakeholders to gather program context information and inform activity design
- Participates in the development and continuous improvement of the program strategic framework and objectives. Devises concepts for YL in collaboration with PDO and rest of GMU
- Gives substantial input into the design and development of activities for clearance, with input into the design of engagement and implementation plans
- Collects data required for grant budgets and gathers cost and pricing information from specific locations
- Provides written and in person site visit reports
- Conducts small surveys related to activity implementation, or other related tasks
- Assists the grants manager and grants assistant to develop grant implementation strategies and budgets as needed
- Works with the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) officer and assistant, grants manager and assistant, and program development officer to monitor the progress of each grant
- Provides frequent updates on grant implementation in the field.
- Assists the program development officer and other IRP staff in scheduling and facilitating meetings with past, current, and prospective grantees, and in providing updates and briefings on the evolving situation in the field
- Builds program situational awareness and contextual analysis/reports on the location of assignment and surrounding areas
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, social sciences, or related field preferred
- Demonstrated analytical ability and understanding of local and regional political contexts in Iraq and assigned province strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Iraqi social and political structures at the national, regional, and local levels highly preferred
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, the general public, and partner institutions, including international and local nongovernmental organizations, governmental entities, and support organizations
- Strong interpersonal and oral and written communications skills required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, strong professional judgment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Fluency in written and oral Arabic is required; written and oral fluency in English, and other local languages is preferred, but not required
Equal employment opportunities:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Contract period: 4 months with the possibility of extension.
- Salary: The salary of this position falls under band FSN-06.
- Address Sinjar, Ninawa, Iraq
- How to apply How to Apply: Application Instructions If you are interested please apply through the below link before 11 February 2024. https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/427872d54f914773af1938af650f2574