Primary Objective: The upcoming months will be a period of rapid startup for the PartnersIraq team. The Iraq team’s portfolio of projects has focused on good governance, human rights, democracy, peacebuilding, and women’s empowerment. We are now seeking a qualified Program Manager with extensive programming and grants experience to ensure the success of all programming. Specifically, the position will work with Baghdad-based team members to support the project management, nurture positive relationships with partners, conduct short field assignments as needed, and be part of a dynamic team of professionals who are passionate about their work and must work effectively in highly collaborative environments.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the development of a vibrant organization that already has a track record of impressive work that is well respected by donors and local organizations alike. PartnersGlobal has a strong portfolio of projects not only across the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region but also in Africa, Europe, and Latin America.
- Work with the PartnersGlobal MENA team and PI General Manager to implement Iraq programs, including support in work planning, logistics, training, assessments, report writing, and coordinating with local subcontractors and stakeholders. Create and maintain strategic partners with partner organizations and consultants. Ensure programs are in compliance with donor reporting requirements;
- Support PartnersIraq business development initiatives, including conducting contextual research, outreach, drafting proposal sections, contributing to program budgets, and coordinating communication with other local project partners or key stakeholders;
- Support project budget management, including analyzing projections vs actuals, forecasting and recasting, and preparing modifications (e.g. realignments, cost and no cost extensions) as needed;
- Maintain effective relations and coordination with project partners and donors, as well as project stakeholders throughout Iraq;
- Travel to other governorates for program activity implementation and market research, with occasional international travel for relevant training and professional development;
- Manage all fiscal and program activities in accordance with PartnersIraq policies and procedures and funder regulations;
- Support PartnersIraq strategies communications and social media by developing and posting success stories and announcements, as well as crafting PI online presence;
- Brief PartnersGlobal MENA team on project progress, challenges, and successes;
- Support training of local partners in reporting and compliance. Monitor local partner performance to ensure full compliance with objectives, financial and reporting requirements, and evaluation plan:
- Assist DC and Baghdad-based staff in the development and implementation of processes and procedures for program implementation, reporting, and center operations;
- Assist DC and Baghdad-based staff in the compliance of activities related to field office registration and compliance issues with the Government of Iraq;
- Proactively identify and analyze areas of risk; advise the project team on solutions and preventative measures related to program goals and the technical area of the project(s).
- Draft and approve low-level subcontractor and vendor procurement packages (including scopes of work and requests for proposals) and reviews subcontractor financial reports among other programmatic functions.
- Maintain effective communications and ongoing coordination with local partners, and other relevant stakeholders, organizing regular project check-ins and applying effective problem-solving skills when faced with challenges related to program/project implementation and/or contextual factors.
- Establish and foster productive interactions with partners and other organizations – including governments, donors, and private sector actors – to represent the mission, vision, and values of PartnersIraq
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in relevant field (international affairs, political science, public policy, international development, communications, business, etc.);
- 3+ years of leading and managing governance, women empowerment, policy and law reforming, human rights, democracy, or peacebuilding projects
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills to effectively present information;
- Capacity to work independently, accomplish goals with little supervision, and seek resources and help when needed;
- Familiarization with grants management and monitoring & evaluation
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Outstanding working knowledge of change management
- Previous stakeholder management skills
- Proven proposal writing experience
- Fluency in English and Arabic language (required); and
- Ability to travel at a moment’s notice to various locations in Iraq.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email only to [email protected], no later than August 5, 2021. As the subject of your email, please write: “Application: Full-time PI Program Manager.” No telephone calls, please.
Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, pregnancy, marital status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
- Address Iraq, Baghdad
- Salary Offer Salary: Full-time salary commensurate with experience.