*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision International, Iraq (WVI) is seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual to support the design and development of the office’s portfolio for humanitarian and development needs. Under the direction of the Senior Program Officer, the Program Officer will lead assigned project design and proposal development opportunities. They will be furthermore responsible for supporting the management of the project, including compliance with WVI and donor regulations. As they key point of contact with doors for their project they will be required to build and maintain strong working relationships with donors. They will be expected to collaborate constructively with all other departments in the office and other stakeholders.
Program Design and Proposal Preparation:
- In coordination w/ SPO, develop and submit proposals to donors.
- Co-facilitate design workshops or meetings as required and to collectively plan new project designs with sector leads.
- Work with program teams and sectorial leads to meet and preposition with donors as relevant.
- Work with various internal and external stakeholders to keep apprised with the context, needs, clusters, actors, and donors related to relief in Iraq and the region.
- Support the SPO in liaising, building capacity on partnership agreement requirements for various WV department, and participating in the review and editing of all WV’s MoUs with implementing partners.
Program Management and Donor Engagement:
- Serve as lead liaison with the support office or Iraq-based donors for projects.
- Coordinate with MEAL and project leads to ensure monitoring and evaluation obligations are understood and implemented.
- Facilitate start-up workshops for new projects to ensure project staff have all the required documentation and tools for reporting and record keeping.
- Design and support the implementation of the program monitoring system, including required external and internal reporting.
- Guide project leads or sector managers in the reporting requirements and templates.
- Review all monitoring and evaluation learnings and support integration of those lessons back into projects.
- Work closely with consortium partners and WV teams to ensure timely and quality reports.
- Maintain response project archives (saving project documents into the database).
- Compile and compose the monthly SitReps.
- Compile and analyse relevant information to inform response design, program management, operational improvement and promote learning.
- Support program team with special projects or occasional clerical tasks as required.
- Were relevant, work with project staff to address any quality issues or complaints, and support community consultation and information provision mechanisms.
- Address, orient, and train response staff on international standards and their application.
- Ensure programming meets WV minimum quality standards and support improvement, reflection, and learning (includes Real-Time Evaluation and Lessons Learned events).
- Ensure that program implementation is in line with the principles of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, SPHERE standards, and relevant WV internal standards and policies.
- Attend and participate in capacity building training locally and internationally.
- Attend and participate in WV’s spiritual nurture events and other organizational events.
Safety and Security Responsibilities:
- Responsible for own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and security manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in large scale humanitarian emergencies.
- Experience in grants acquisition and management.
- Computer literate with a high degree of proficiency and productivity.
- University Bachelor degree in community development work, preferably sociology, international or political studies, humanitarian law, public health, and population studies.
- Master’s degree in above-related fields is preferred.
- HEAT certificate an added advantage.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Arabic language skills are an added advantage.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Good Research skills.
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
- A high level of diplomacy and networking skills is required.
- Self-starter who can work independently under pressure.
- Completed a recognized personal security course in the past 3 years.
- Ability to travel across the border regularly for training assessment, regular monitoring, and evaluation.
- Understanding of international standards including SPHERE, emergency management, security awareness, etc.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity, and physical stamina.
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision.
- Ability to work in and contribute to the team building environment.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
- Understanding of internet and email.
- Travel domestically and internationally, including projects in high-risk areas of WV programming.