- Develop a deep understanding of the local context in Basra, including environmental, social, cultural, economic, and political factors.
- Stay informed about key issues and trends that may impact the success of the programs.
- Establish and manage mechanisms for the exchange of information, experience, and lessons learned at the regional and national levels
- Monitor the context dynamics and adapt the intervention and implementation modalities accordingly.
Coordination and Planning:
- Coordinate program activities in Basra, ensuring alignment with organizational goals.
- Develop and implement program plans, including timelines, objectives, and budget considerations.
- Proven experience managing and working with a diverse team to achieve results in a timely manner.
- Contribute to the development of program proposals, ensuring they align with donor requirements and organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with the program team to gather relevant information and data for proposal submissions.
- Capable of identifying community capacity needs and assistance and contributing to capacity strengthening and necessary interventions to ensure effective project’s design.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with local NGOs, community leaders, International NGOs, government agencies, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Represent the organization in meetings and forums with NGOs and attend the Working group meetings.
- Communicate with stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
Meetings and Collaboration:
- Schedule and facilitate meetings with NGO partners, government officials, and community representatives.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to enhance program effectiveness.
- Prepare regular reports on program activities, outcomes, and challenges.
- Ensure timely submission of reports to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with the program team to manage program resources effectively.
- Provide strategic leadership in the development, planning, and implementation of the projects in areas of assignment.
- Enable and support team members to conduct assessments and take part in proposal development to expand BHHF’s programming in the implementation area.
- The aforementioned duties are not inclusive and therefore are subject to additions and changes at any time. Given the nature of this position and the working conditions in Iraq, additional tasks may be assigned by senior management at any time based on the needs of the mission.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business management, sustainable development, economics, development studies, peace and conflict studies, or relevant field.
- Proven experience in program coordination, preferably in a development context.
- Familiarity with development-related programs e.g. leading design, implementation, and contextual knowledge of the selected area.
- Proven ability in staff management, including coaching, motivation, performance assessment, training, conflict prevention, monitoring data, and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse stakeholders, including NGOs, government officials, and community members.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to understand and navigate complex contexts.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to adapt to changing circumstances and requirements, whilst maintaining the ethos and objectives of the work at all times.
- Strong ability to work with diverse groups/individuals and cultural awareness and sensitivity to work effectively in the local context.
- Proficient in English and Arabic (both written and spoken).
- How to apply Applications are to be sent by email to email@example.com, marked Program Officer-Basrah in the subject line. the CV should be in English and be sent as a PDF attachment. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.