Program Officer (Duhok, Iraq)
About Preemptive Love
Welcome to the world’s most diverse community of peacemakers, Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC) stretches across Iraq, Syria, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States to provide relief, and leverage communities through job creation and social innovation. We provide food, water, and medicine to those who need it most, while violence is still happening. We create jobs, providing capital for refugee families to start businesses, coaching and leveraging their success through creating connections to the global marketplace. At the center of everything we do–every food delivery–every family we serve–is the pursuit of peace between communities at odds.
About the team
For the tens of thousands victimized by conflict, they don’t need a hand-out, they need a hand-up. We change the way the world engages in polarizing conflict by partnering with conflict affected individuals to become small business owners, employers, and sustainable sources of revenue and hope for their families and the local community. We do this through building relationships and once their businesses have started we follow up with them to make sure things are running smoothly.
Essential Function: Duhok Program Officer has some primary objectives that support the overall mission of Preemptive Love Coalition at the programmatic level of:
- Cultivate relationship and rapport through regular communication with PLC Duhok implementation partners;
- Coordinate Monitoring and Evaluation measures on existing field programs to ensure quality execution and capture success indicators/ impact;
- Strategize and structure new field programs, including coordination with field-based staff and local partners;
- Coordinate across Communications, Development, and Programs Depts. within PLC to best communicate Duhok program impact and needs;
- Ensure that the co-op makerspace operations runs smoothly at the respective locations;
- Supervise ongoing projects; and provide progress report of outcomes;
- Serve as a liaison and translator between the program manager and local partners;
- Document success indicators and impact of programs, include photos, videos, stories;
- Assist in managing project budgets and track expenditures and receipts;
- Provide support in decision making of project implementation for both current and upcoming projects;
- Lead on the ground’s team and oversee short-term contractors;
- Promote and adhere to PLC Program Values.
Jobs in Duhok:
- Cultivate relationship and rapport through regular communication with the program manager,
- Collect, document, and organize data, including budgets, media, and field reports to maintain quality programming,
- Regularly communicate with program management and communication’s management,
- Collaboratively maintain the program budgets under the direction and the supervision of the program manager,
- Support with monitoring and evaluation, including creation of assessments, reporting templates, database maintenance, and protocols,
- Work closely with the program team and manager to develop and transform new and existing program activities into grant proposals,
- Create and maintain organizational and program “template” documents to facilitate future grant writing and impact reporting,
- Internal reporting for various teams/stakeholders,
- Work closely with the Director of Relief, Communications and Programs Operation to transform new and existing program activities, and work on their development,
- Follow up on all business, making sure that jobs/business coaching is conducted regularly,
- Create and submit weekly and quarterly written program impact reports, and presentations,
- Coordinate and, as necessary, write blog and email program updates if needed and instructed by their line manager,
- Verbally present professional updates internally and externally in a clear, focused, professional manner in small and large group meetings,
- Uphold and maintain confidentiality.
- Training new location specific team members,
- Communicate to management all the needs as soon as they arise,
- Making regular visits to all projects locations,
- Consult with the line manager and any stakeholder regarding planning, getting approvals, and execution,
- Identifying and building new strategies to continuously develop the programing,
- Cultivate relationships and rapport through regular communication with PLC Global Directors,
- Work closely with the PLC team and the country manager to develop and transform new and existing program/business activities into grant proposals,
- Participate in programmatic strategy development and process new ideas to meet business growth needs identified in coordination with their line manager,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competency—knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills—including technical program writing—,
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills,
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written),
- Excellent management and leadership skills to ensure that the co-op makerspace operations runs smoothly,
- Ability to work on a fast timeline and on pressing priorities,
- Proven track record working with little oversight or direction in a highly dynamic environment,
- Is self-motivated, flexible, adaptable and maintains a positive attitude,
- Strong work-ethic with the ability to work and be managed remotely,
- Willingness to work in challenging environment is required/ conflict zones,
- Excellent attention to details and ability to deliver work accurately and in a timely manner,
- Result oriented with proven track of detail oriented, organization, analytical and taking initiative,
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently,
- Growth mindset with the ability to take on new challenges and think outside of conventional solutions to solve problems creatively,
- Excellent in listening, communication, also flexible and able to adapt to changing conditions, beneficiaries needs and program needs.
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field with a minimum of 3 years experience,
- Experience in livelihood programs including monitoring, evaluation, assessment, and coaching program participants.
- Professional-level written/spoken proficiency in English and Arabic/Kurdish.
Physical demands: Physical demands of working in a field, working in outdoor conditions, extreme temperatures
- Traveling to all the programming sites as needed.
- Making regular visits to all projects locations, including Refugee and IDP camps and any/all the villages that we have programming including.
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Preferred Qualifications
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and/or Mac OS software,
- Professional skills in website navigation tools and terminology in different language,
- Photography and photo editing skills. Most every document/report must have a photo component.
Affirmative action plan/equal employment opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information. Both the organization and employee agree to comply with the zero tolerance policy for any type of abuse, harassment, molestation, intimidation, or sexual and labor exploitation.
Disclaimer of Other Duties: Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice by a direct supervisor based on organizational or programmatic priorities and goals.