WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies, building prosperity and supporting a sustainable future for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
In 2020, WFP assisted over 630,000 people in Iraq. Through providing food for vulnerable people, skills to build futures and enhanced social protection, WFP is helping the Iraqi government build people’s resilience and food security.For more information, see wfp.org/countries/iraq and ar.wfp.org/countries/iraq
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English & Arabic.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of experience in Programme in general, any specific experience in CBT is an advantage.
The position will be based in Baghdad, the incumbent will be reporting to the Programme Officer responsible for Cash-Based Transfers.
To perform specialized and/or standardized programme-related processes and activities to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support programme with monthly data analysis including distribution data from financial service providers (FSP);
- Support programme in developing and tracking distribution plans in consultation with Sub-Offices and relevant activity managers. Work on the fund allocations in WINGS based on the approved plan;
- Support programme with SCOPE data processing including providing support to Sub-Offices and Country Office when required;
- Perform accurate, timely recording of data within the specific technical area of work (e.g. monthly distribution reports) following corporate standards and guidelines;
- Work and exchange information with internal counterparts to support effective collaboration, implementation and monitoring of ongoing project activities;
- Support communication and activities with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions;
- Act as a point of contact for resolution of general operational queries requesting assistance where necessary;
- Support in the provision of key messages and programmatic updates to the complaint feedback mechanism channels and cooperating partners.
- Act as a point of contact with the financial service providers to ensure CBT distributions are implemented as per the contract and guidelines are adhered.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to analyse data and provide a summarised report based on the data
- General familiarity with WFP operations
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
• Has worked with technical teams (i.e. nutrition, VAM, etc.).
• Has contributed to implementation of programmes.
• Has observed or assisted with policy discussions.
Terms and Conditions
Position Title: Programme Associate
Grade: General Service Level 6
Contract: Fixed-Term (FT) – One-year renewable
Duty Station/travel: Baghdad with travel inside Iraq.
Salary: Starting at USD 28,311 net per annum
Medical Plan: International valid medical plan for the staff member, spouse and dependents children under 18 years
Annual leave: 30 working days per annum
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
23 January 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.