The Programme Associate – M&E is responsible for effective delivery of data and knowledge management support to the Programme Team and Projects to ensure effective and transparent utilization of data relating to programme and project implementation in UNDP Iraq.
The Programme Associate – M&E will work under the direct supervision of the Head-PMSU, and in close collaboration with the Programme Management Specialist and Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in PMSU, the Programme and Operations teams in the CO and the relevant units in UNDP HQ for resolving complex data, results, monitoring and knowledge management related issues, ensuring successful CO performance in results-based management.
- Effective data and knowledge management systems in the Country Office with an emphasis on the UNDP Strategic Plan, UNSDCF and UNCT data needs and the UNDP Country Programme.
- Supports the programme team with establishing the linkages between the Projects- Country Programme and Strategic Plan.
- Ensures that linkages are accurately reflected in the relevant UNDP digital platforms (Corporate planning system.
- Plan for and implement systems for quarterly data collection against the Country Programme Document; analyze data and prepare presentations for Programme Team and Senior Management to enable decision making
- Supports the Country Office with planning for the Results Oriented Annual Report, including through quality assurance of data, data entry into the digital platforms and drafting narrative analysis if required.
- Ensures Quantum + platform (Corporate Planning System) is kept up to date with accurate data.
- Ensures UNDP’s information in the Joint Work Plans (JWPs) are entered accurately in UNINFO and updated in a timely manner.
- Support the Programme Management Specialist and M&E Specialist to engage in the UNCT’s Monitoring & Evaluation Working Group, through backstopping arrangements.
- Provide the Priority Working Groups (PWGs) Chaired by UNDP with the required data collection and data quality assurance support.
- Support the Country Office Communications Unit by preparing data visuals relating to the Country Programme, for strategic communications products and materials.
- Promote the effective application of results-based management systems and tools and digitalization.
- Proactively engage in the processes at Country Office level that plan for the roll out of new digital platforms and tools (Quantum+, Quantum etc).
- Support to conduct required trainings, on the job guidance and knowledge transfer sessions for Programme teams on the new digital platforms and tools.
- Support Projects to design effective monitoring systems through the design and management databases, spreadsheets, and other data-collection/management tools; understand, document, and ensure the quality of data, consistency and comparability; and support to conduct data analysis
- Support the Country Office to design and better use data visualization for presentations, reports, communications and analytical products and other relevant documents.
- Proactively table ideas and suggestions to the Programme Team and Senior Management for piloting/testing implementation of UNDP’s Digital Strategy.
- Support Project teams with conceptualizing ideas for mainstreaming digitalization and use of digital tools in Project design and implementation.
- Facilitate knowledge building and management.
- Conduct the required training and knowledge building sessions for programme and project teams on monitoring, data collection systems, data collection and management tools and approaches for data analysis, using innovative and engagement-based approaches.
- Promote the use of data visualization in the Country Office’s work to improve reporting quality.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in programme and project approaches to results-based management.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice, including the CO’s M&E Network.
- Support the CO efforts to train Programme and Operations teams on new digital tools and platforms.
|LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline|
|LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements|
|LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback|
|Adapt with Agility
|LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible|
|Act with Determination||LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident|
|Engage and Partner
|LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships|
|Enable Diversity and Inclusion
|LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination|
Cross-Functional & Technical competencies (insert up to 7 competencies)
|Business Management||Customer Satisfaction/Client Management||
|Business Management||Project Management||
|Business Management||Risk Management||
|Business Development||Knowledge Generation||
Secondary education is required. A first-level university degree (bachelor’s degree) in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Social Sciences, or related field will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement.
- Minimum of 7 years (with high school diploma) or 4 years (with bachelor’s degree) of relevant progressively responsible administrative/management or programme experience is required at the national and/or international level. Experience in thematic area is desirable.
- Experience in the use of computers, office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.), database packages, and web-based management systems such as ERP.
- Experience in working with the UN or similar international organizations will be an asset.
- Proven ability to manage and analyze large amounts of project data. Previous experience in data-base management will be an asset.
- Please note that continuance of appointment beyond the initial 12 months is contingent upon the successful completion of a probationary period.
- Fluency in English with effective writing skills required.
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Kurdish is an asset