|Position||Programme Medical Referent|
|Level/Station||Field – 20% Erbil, 40% Ninawa and 40% Salah Al-Din|
|Supervises||Health Project Staff|
|Reporting to (Hierarchical)||Programme Managers (Ninewa and Salah Alden)|
|Reporting to (Technical)||Medical Advisor|
|Coordinates with||Project Managers (if any), Support Coordinators/Managers|
All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The PMR is responsible for implementation of the health activities in close coordination with the Programme managers and the Medical Advisor for the technical aspects of the project. The PMR is also responsible to properly monitor implementation of the activities, including the level of spending of the medical budget lines against the level of achievement for each indicator. S/he needs to follow-up on activities and make sure they are integrated with other relevant sector (such as protection), in line with INTERSOS protocols, and compliant with the donors rules and procedures. S/he needs to closely collaborate with the logistic department in terms of medical procurement and logistical support for the establishment of the mobile medical units.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Defines, implements and monitors medical activities, in collaboration with the Programme Manager and the Medical Advisor according to INTERSOS project plans and mission strategy, standards and protocols as well as donor rules and procedures.
- Maintains a consistent and regular presence in the field, in order to be accountable for the health activities of the INTERSOS projects, monitoring the level of achievements against the indicators as well as the level of spending in the health budget lines.
- Provides technical support to Medical Activity Managers in the field, ensuring compliance with the protocols of INTERSOS medical activities and be compliant with the donors’ ones.
- Coordinates, supervises, coaches, and evaluates the field medical team members’ performance to improve the medical components of the project and ensure compliance with INTERSOS protocols and standards.
- Plans and supervises, in close coordination with the Programme Manager, the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the medical staffs of the projects.
- In collaboration with the MEAL department, is responsible for the medical data collection, analysis and reporting to the Medical Advisor through a correct use of internal databases and monitoring tools in order to ensure proper monitoring of the program
- Supervises the efficient management of the field pharmacy and medical equipment, in collaboration with the logistics department. Monitors consumption and preparation of medical orders to provide drugs, medical materials, medical devices and consumables at all circumstances and avoid stock shortage
- In close collaboration with the log department, follow up on the procurement process of medical equipment, consumables and drugs as well as closely follow up on the mobile units.
- In close coordination with the Programme Manager and Medical Advisor, develops internal and external referral and coordination mechanisms at field level.
- In close collaboration with the Medical Advisor, participates in exploratory missions, situation assessments (providing technical inputs and recommendations for new and ongoing interventions in the country and defining medical operational priorities when needed) and the development of the programme strategy, annual plan, budget review and project proposal and reports to donors.
- Participates in sub-cluster meetings and relevant inter-sectoral coordination meetings at field level if requested by the Medical Advisor, contributing to the development tools and strategies.
- If and when delegated, services as the mission technical focal person in the absence of the Medical Advisor.
- In the framework of the health project funded by AICS, the PMR must work in close collaboration with the Project Manager ensuring a timely sharing of information and constant consultation on the key decision related to the project.
Education and professional experience:
- Medical Degree
- Minimum 3-years relevant work experience, preferably in the humanitarian sector
- Experience working in remote and unstable field environments
- Capacity building experience is an asset
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Good cross-cultural skills
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- High confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Fluency in Arabic and/or Kurdish (written and spoken)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Address Tikrit
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area . (This position is not approved by the donors yet and we will proceed with the recruitment once we receive an official approval)