DanChurchAid (DCA) invites applications for an experienced national Programme Officer to join our dedicated team in the DCA Iraq programme.
The objective of the Programme Officer position is to design, plan and support the implementation of projects in Iraq. The Programme Officer will be required to support the programme teams in developing proposals, concept notes, support on capacity enhancement of partners reporting capacities and conduct regular field monitoring visits to ensure projects are in line with donor’s requirements.
The Programme Officer reports to the Head of Programmes and will be based in Erbil with regular travel to project locations in KRI and Federal Iraq.
The main duties relating to this position are:
Grants management and reporting
- Work with the Programme team, the national partners and coordinate with DCA HQ advisors to prepare concept notes and proposals in line with donors’ guidelines and requirements.
- Write or review intermediate or final reports for donors in coordination with the Programme team and national partners.
- Support the Programme Team in the monitoring of progress on project indicators and outcomes, ensuring compliance with proposals and donor’s requirements.
- Conduct monthly field visits for data collection and capacity building of partners.
- Prepare or assist programme staff to prepare fact sheets and reports for donors and partners as required.
- Respond to DCA HQ requests for reports and information about programmes and participate in the annual reporting.
Coordination and project management
- When needed, participate in internal coordination meetings / ad hoc meetings with DCA HQ
- Support partners team by sending reminders on projects’ deadlines and providing monitoring tools and reporting templates to follow-up (if necessary)
- Participate in projects’ implementation.
- Documenting and archiving project documents.
- Representing DCA at meetings, workshops, and other events related to the programme when necessary.
Other/ ad hoc tasks
- Other duties as requested by the Head of programmes.
Applicants must have the following qualifications and experience.
- University degree; preferably a post graduate degree in project management or similar topics, with at least 2 years’ experience in grants and project management in Iraq.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic is mandatory.
- Good writing skills and previous experience in writing proposals, concept notes and / or reports.
- Experience working with International NGO’s, UN agencies, line ministries and/or local authorities, preferably for humanitarian or development projects;
- Previous experience capacity building partner organisations is an advantage.
- Experience working in project management in protection, livelihood and climate change is an advantage.
What DCA offers:
- Employment Contract: Full-time employment with a 2-month trial period.
- Contract Duration: 6 months employment contract with possible extension (Extension subject to funding).
- Competitive salary and leave package.
- Insurance: Health and accident insurance as per industry standards.
- Professional Development: Opportunities for training and capacity-building to enhance skills and career growth.
Start date: 01 April 2024.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy.
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Code of Conduct, Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Only online applications consisting of a CV (max 3 pages) and a cover letter (max 1 page), will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only applications submitted in PDF and Word formats will be considered.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a written test in English at the DCA Office.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DCA’s Terms of Employment for national staff.
Closing date: 24 February 2024. Interviews are expected to be held on a rolling basis, as suitable candidates are identified. DCA reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the closing date.
To apply, click the apply button below.