The Program Officer (PO) FSL is a primary level position based in country office Erbil under direct supervision of FSL Specialist. The PO livelihoods will be responsible for coordination with field livelihoods team and support FSL Specialist in ensuring that day to day implementation, documentation and financial management functions are performed in accordance with SCI’s policies, agreed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). In addition, s/he will support FSL specialist in internal and external coordination as well as assessments, reporting and program development activities.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Work Closely with FSL specialist, FSL field team and local partners to facilitate and coordinate the livelihood activities.
• Maintain and update regulary livelihoods activities/ beneficiaries database in Iraq with inputs from FSL field team.
• Coordinate and follow up with partner in field for updated status of program implementation and keep FSL Specialist informed about any support/ troubleshooting required to partner.
• Coordinate FSL field team, MEAL and communication team for case studies and success stories.
• Support FSL Specialist in external coordination with FSL cluster and cash working group. Represent SCI in livelihoods cluster and CWG meetings in absence of FSL specialist. Update activity info of livelihoods and cash on monthly basis along with MEAL team.
• Support FSL specialist for assessments like livelihoods market assessment, labor market assessment, market assessment for cash, need assessment, etc.
• Support field team for organizing trainings
• Keep record of all required documents related to FSL program, beneficiary selection, distribution and post distribution monitoring at CO.
• Work collaboratively with SCI’s logistics and finance staff as required to process Purchase Requests (PR) for livelihoods inputs and trainings.
• Develop background documents, briefs and presentations related to the project/s.
• Support FSL specialist in reporting and program development activities.
• Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
• Bachlors degree in economics, management sciences or agriculture related fields.
• At least two years proven experience of livelihoods program implementation.
• Proven abilities to work with refugees, IDPs and host communities.
• Fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic and Kurdish
• Experience of representation and ability to represent Save the Children effectively in external forums like food security cluster and cash working group.
• Experience and understanding of gender sensitive programing.
• Good understanding of community engagement and social cohesion.
• Good understanding of humanitarian principles and don no harm.
• Understanding and commitment to Save the Children aims, values, and principles
• Works well in and promotes teamwork, strong community outreach skills, detail oriented, honest, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
• Strong sense of integrity
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.