forumZFD, also referred to as Forum Civil Peace Service, is a German, non-profit-making, politically independent and non-denominational peacebuilding organization, which supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
forumZFD is a registered and recognized INGO with the main focus on peacebuilding and conflict transformation activities in Iraq. The overall objective of forumZFD is to contribute to a peaceful coexistence in Iraq and address the current tensions at community level. Main objective of forumZFD will be capacity development, promoting dialogue structures and municipal counselling. forumZFD Iraq is in need of a Project Assistant who carries out tasks in support of project development and implementation, provides administrative support to project management processes and is taking over 50% of driving tasks in Erbil and other relevant project areas.
Description of roles and responsibilities
The project assistant works under the direct supervision of the Country Director Iraq (his/her line manager). In this role the Project Assistant will be responsible for supporting project implementation, ensuring quality and results by providing support to project planning, implementation, guaranteeing quality, efficiency and effectiveness as well as taking over administrative, logistical and 50 % driving tasks.
The Project Assistant is responsible for supporting implementation and monitoring of projects assigned to her/him. The Project Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Country Director in project-related activities, ensuring smooth operation of projects and consistency of project implementation. The Project Assistant will also support logistical, administrative processes of forumZFD Iraq and take over 50% of driving tasks and will act 50% as driver. Under the supervision of the Country Director, the project assistant will ensure that tasks are accomplished in a timely manner according to agreed upon timelines, budget and adhering to forumZFD policies and Do-No-Harm principles.
Activities and Tasks
- Project implementation
- Assist and support the forumZFD Iraq management to initiate and implement forumZFD projects in KRI and Iraq.
- Assist and support the forumZFD Iraq management to prepare and conduct analyses, assessments and project reviews in areas of intervention.
- Support planning, monitoring and evaluation activities of projects.
- Support in managing forumZFD social media accounts and support social media related activities.
- Support the preparation and submission of access related permissions/letters to respective authorities.
- Prepare administrative documents, collect and compile inputs to documents.
- Maintain up-to-date files and records of project documentation in the project filing system.
- Provide logistical support for workshops and other activities. Support to the organization of workshops and meetings being responsible for travel arrangements, flight bookings, meeting facilities and accommodation, social programme, catering, participant lists, calculation of transportation and daily allowances as tasked by the line manager.
- Collect, compile and organize background materials, documents and other materials for activities and meetings. Prepare inputs to reports, summaries, graphs and inputs to presentations in support of various project activities.
- Handle meeting logistics; meeting rooms, audio-visual equipment, name tags, logistics for arrivals and departures.
- Assist and support the Country Director to handle the medical emergency other cases if required.
- Compile and prepare inputs to public relation materials as required.
- Support implementation of project-related communication activities.
- Follow-up with project partners and other relevant actors on a daily basis to guarantee smooth implementation of administrative and operational activities of projects if required by the line manager.
- Support the timely preparation and submission of progress reports, donor reports, project reviews, financial reports, audit reports and any other required project reports if required by the line manager.
- Accompany the forumZFD Iraq management to authorities, lawyers, banks and other relevant stakeholders and places.
- Act as translator and translate documents for forumZFD Iraq if necessary.
- Assist the forumZFD Iraq management to maintain communication with the respective authorities, officials, lawyers and other relevant actors.
- Assist the forumZFD Iraq management to build up its networks in the region.
- Support the forumZFD Iraq management in developing and maintaining strong relationships with project partners, government officials and other stakeholders.
- Administrative tasks and logistic
- Provide administrative and operational support to the implementation of projects.
- Assist in project’s financial resources management, human resources management, efficient procurement and logistical services.
- Responsible for the maintenance of forumZFD Iraq`s office premises, equipment’s and items (generator), etc.
- Process project-related travel arrangements.
- Fleet management and driving
- Act as a driver (at least 50% of the time) when needed and adhere to the ToRs of the forumZFD drivers accordingly, which are integral part of this ToR as well.
- The project assistant is responsible for all fleet management related activities and tasks.
- Responsible for maintaining on regular basis the project vehicles and the relevant equipment.
Inform and update the forumZFD Iraq management regularly on ongoing developments regarding project implementation and the security situation in the region.
Perform other related tasks based on need and agreement.
Kurdistan Region of Iraq and Governorate of Ninewa
- A minimum of one year of experience in project administration and implementation of projects with an international organization as well as good driving skills.
- Experience in organizing events and meetings.
- National based in Erbil with knowledge of the context and Peacebuilding needs in KRI and Iraq as well as experience in implementing projects in Ninewa Governorate.
- Excellent written and spoken Kurdish, Arabic and English language skills.
- Good organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in contacting and organizing meetings with respective authorities and officials.
- Strong professional communication and inter-personal skills and ability to engage with officials’ local authorities and partner organizations. Ability to establish and maintain networks.
- The eligible candidate is independent, committed and reliable.
- The candidate displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability. She/he treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in KRI and the Republic of Iraq.
- Driver license and driving experience with project vehicles in areas of intervention and in Ninewa Governorate.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to changed circumstances and needs is required.
- Commitment to and understanding of forumZFD aims, values and principles.
- How to apply forumZFD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability. We offer an attractive position with fixed term contract in a growing German Peacebuilding-NGO. In addition, a competitive salary with the possibility of further qualification and professional growth as well as friendly working atmosphere where team spirit is held in high regard. The applicants must be sure that they are legally authorized to work in Iraq and K.R.I, especially in Erbil, Baghdad and Ninewa Governorate. The short-listed candidates will be asked a copy of their working permit/residency card. Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply. The interested candidates are kindly requested to submit the following until 16. February 2023: • Letter of interest • The CV of the candidate • Relevant references Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The application needs to be submitted to (in PDF format): forumZFD Iraq office Erbil or via Email to: [email protected] With the subject Project Assistant - Erbil We are looking forward to your application!