Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Project Assistant / Integration Childminding
Organizational Unit : Family Assistance Programme (FAP)
Duty Station : Erbil – Iraq
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G3
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term contract (SST)
Duration of Appointment : Six (6) months with possibility of extension
Closing Date : 26th March, 2023
Reference Code : SVN2023/IRQ/057
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Aapplications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged as well as the Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the general guidance of chief of Mission (COM)/DCoM, and the overall supervision National Project Officer for the Family Assistance Programme (FAP) and the direct supervision of the FAP Team Leader in Erbil, the successful candidate will be based in Erbil and will provide child minding services at FAP office. All duties are to be performed by IOM policies, practices and procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- 1. Look after the children while parents submit their visa applications.
- 2. Deliver appropriate activities for children and create a happy environment and innovative actions.
- 3. Familiarize children with the concept of migration and information about the destination country (Germany) by the models provided by the trainer.
- 4. Encourage and support children in group activities such as making crafts to create and improve their spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- 5. Assure the babysitting area is clean and free from dust and that there is no trash around the Childcare centre area.
- 6. Record the daily children/baby attendance and send a weekly report to Team Leader.
- 7. Report any suspected social and health-related issues at the childcare centre to the Team
- 8. Support the FAP Media focal point when an applicant consents to record the success story, explain the consent, guide on filling it out and collect the signature, and share the scanned copy with the agent for filing purposes.
- 9. In coordination with the FAP administrative project assistant, track and monitor the refreshment for the children and ensure reporting of any missing two weeks in advance. Additionally, share the list of requirements for children’s classes and prepare the necessary materials.
- 10. In coordination with the FAP administrative project assistants, track and monitor the stationery and hygiene material at the FAP office and ensure reporting any missing immediately.
- 11. Any other duties as require Qualifications;
- University degree in a related filed from accredited academic institution with 1 years of relevant professional experience
- Completed High School degree from accredited academic institution with 3 years relevant professional experience.
Experience & Skills
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in child-minding; the experience in kindergarten is an asset.
- Team player, creative in developing new activities and able to work with children.
- Understand child psychology.
- Punctual, honest, good communication skills, sound judgment and hardworking.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic are required;
- Any other language is and advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM IN/234 – Policy and Procedures for Preventing and Responding to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse IOM has a policy of zero tolerance of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) by IOM staff members and the employees or any other persons engaged and controlled by IOM Contractors. The staff members and all contract type holders shall protect against and prevent sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
While this vacancy is open to both Internals and Externals, priority shall be given to qualified Internal applicants.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 12.03.2023 to 26.03.2023