Closing date: – 05 December 2021 (Midnight)
Interview date: -TBC
Vacancy reference: – INT8042 Project Assistant
Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
Oxfam in Iraq
Oxfam’s programme has been established in 2014 in response to the ISIS conflict in Iraq. Oxfam implemented activities during the past few years was built around the delivery of 3 main areas: A) Lifesaving humanitarian assistance b) Recovery assistance, and C) Promotion of Women Rights.
In order to serve these three objectives, Oxfam work aimed to integrate the following key sectors together for every intervention in a given location:
- Water Sanitation and Hygiene
- Emergency Food Security and Vulnerable Livelihoods
- Non-food-Items and Shelter
- Protection of lives and rights of civilians
- Gender Justice
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning
- Advocacy and Media work
The Iraq Response Innovation Lab (IRIL) is part of the Program department of Oxfam and leads on the implementation of the Innovative projects that are incubated within the lab.
As part of the Iraq Response Innovation Lab (IRIL), the Project Assistant will be supporting in the implementation of the activities related to the project Masarouna in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. The objective of Masarouna is to build a free and inclusive environment supporting young people to achieve their Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights. Masarouna’s Project Assistant will provide support to the project manager and close monitoring of local partners to ensure program deliverables are achieved and donors’ regulations are respected and documented.
The Masarouna project in Iraq is implemented by Oxfam in collaboration with 4 local partners and 2 networks of youth organizations. Masarouna aims at achieving its overall objective by focusing on strengthening civil society, reclaiming civic space and the formation of new partnerships and alliances. Specifically, the purpose of the Assistant position is to support the Project Manager in both the technical and administrative activities related to this pathway.
|Location:||Erbil – with trips to Sulaymaniyah or other field locations whenever needed|
|As per Oxfam salary scale
E1 for assistant
|Contract type:||Fixed term|
Hours of work:
|40 hours per week. This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at interview stage|
|This role reports to:||Masarouna Project Manager|
|Staff reporting to this post:||N/A|
|Key interactions:||Local partners, Finance unit, Partnership unit|
|DBS checks (for roles based in the UK):|
|Screening checks:||All successful candidates will be screened through Refinitiv World-Check One to comply with counter terrorism and financial sanctions regulations.|
- Support the Project Manager to plan and coordinate events, conferences, trainings, and workshops. The main tasks of the assistant include: send out invitations to participants, draft meeting agendas, write minutes of meeting, administer pre-post testing, populate and circulate attendance sheets, ensure equipment and training materials are prepared, support in the booking and setting up of the venue etc…
- Assist the Project Manager in developing the final annual report and any other required reports by contributing to the background/introduction sections and by supporting in the collection of all the required document from the project partners.
- On a monthly basis collect the project monitoring tools and the financial and monitoring reports by the partners.
- Support the manager in the conduction of field monitoring visits (drafting of agendas, contact the local partners, liaise with the logistics department to arrange the visit etc…).
- Document/collect project success stories to ensure visibility of the project and their inclusion in the lobby and advocacy agenda.
- Support with communication with partners and tracking their activities according to the project workplan.
Skills, experience and knowledge
- University degree in international relations, law, social studies or related disciplines.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in the humanitarian and development sector, preferably in project management.
- Proven knowledge of Microsoft office tools (PPT, Excel, word, etc.), advanced knowledge of Excel is required.
- Good understanding of the SRHR thematic.
- Excellent communication and writing skills, able to synthetize information from various sources and produce high quality reports/papers.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of working independently and with demonstrated experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders and partners.
- High organizational skills and ability to priorities workload and meet deadlines.
- A team player and self-starter with good networking skills and project management skills.
- Fluent in English and Arabic, knowledge of Kurdish is considered an asset.
- Master degree in gender studies, public health/SRHR, development, psychology, or related disciplines.
- Previous training or experience in SRHR and gender issues.
- Experience in SRHR and/or youth empowerment and engagement initiatives.
- Experience in managing projects with multiple partners.
- Out of the box thinker.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
- Required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women’s rights.
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
- Address Ankawa
- Salary Offer AS Per Oxfam Salary scale
- How to apply Kindly note that, the selection process will be on rolling basis. Due to the urgency of the position, Oxfam has reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline. As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Job Reference INT8042 Project Assistant