Search for Common Ground (Search) is seeking a Project Associate (PA). Based in Erbil, Iraq the PA will support the Project Manager in implementing a four year Inclusive Peace and Security (IPS) program to strengthen women and youth’s meaningful participation in advancing inclusive peace and security in Iraq. IPS leverages Search’s decade-plus expertise in supporting women’s and youth’s inherent agency to be positive agents of change in their communities and countries. Recognizing that inclusive peace is mutually reinforced through bottom-up and top-down processes, IPS will amplify the influence of youth and women peacebuilders at the grassroots level, catalyze broad inclusion of grassroots peacebuilders in municipal and national institutions and peace processes, and advance social norms that support the meaningful inclusion of diverse stakeholders in peace and security.
Support implementation of project related activities in the field;
Support the elaboration of tools for beneficiary identification and selection for peacebuilding activities;
Work with affected communities and establish close relationships with them;
Report security incidences in the field in a timely manner to the security department;
Arrange all necessary logistics for activities of projects related to workshops, trainings, events;
Provide the Project Manager with relevant information for project reports and surveys;
Support the elaboration of survey questionnaires in collaboration with the DM&E team;
Provide input for Information, Communication and Education (IEC) and other project related materials;
Develop strategies and plans for community mobilization;
Provide inputs to the Project Manager for letters for communication with government departments.
Cooperate with Relevant Stakeholders
Develop and maintain contacts with all relevant stakeholders including government authorities, security forces, partner organizations;
Cooperate with government institutions, non-government organizations, and the local community;
Regularly attend cluster coordination and other relevant meetings at local level;
Represent the project/program in front of relevant stakeholders;
Regularly share information on lessons learnt in the field;
Forge synergies between partners, particular those working on similar topics and/or similar areas.
Safeguard cross-cutting gender empowerment through the program.
Safeguard inclusivity and the Do No Harm principles laid out in the JISRA proposal document.
Ensure all local partners are familiar with Safeguarding against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Sexual Harassment (SEAH), and other safeguarding policies.
Signal and communicate any suspicion of misconduct, fraud, etc.
- A university degree or equivalent certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Previous experience in community engagement and peacebuilding programming in Iraq.
- Demonstrated experience in working with local CSOs and government stakeholders in Iraq.
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge of Women, Peace, & Security doctrine and the Iraq WPs Action Plan.
- Strong experience in coordinating and planning community outreach activities, especially with youth.
- Proven experience in data collection and analysis as well as familiarity with M&E tools.
- Strong knowledge of local context and dynamics in Iraq.
- Fluency in oral and written Kurdish, Arabic, and English.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to build and conduct effective professional working relationships.
- Skills in engaging partner staff in activities.
- Tech savvy – good understanding of media engagement and skills in overseeing media production.
- Ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Self‐starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications.
- Grounded understanding of gender dynamics.
- Willingness and commitment to learning and growing.
Deadline: June 30th 2022
Selection will be made on a rolling basis and we therefore advise you to submit your completed application as soon as possible. To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- Current CV
- Cover Letter
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
- Address Erbil, Iraq USD Month
- How to apply Qualified candidates can apply through following link: https://jobs.lever.co/sfcg/3b659c9b-3bc9-43aa-abfa-1aa26fcf9b61/apply