The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is seeking applicants for the position of Project Coordinator in Alqosh, Kurdistan/Iraq.
Position: Project Coordinator
Status: full-time employee (40h/week, five days)
Reports to: Senior Project Coordinator & Director of Operation
Required Degree: Bachelor or higher
Application Deadline: December 31, 2023
Starting Date: As soon as possible
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Supports the Grants Coordinators (GC) with proposal writing by providing information about previous and current projects, lessons learned, and local sources and ensuring that first-hand background information is available and assessments are being conducted when necessary.
- Check draft proposal for accuracy, realistic target numbers (involving heads of programs, center managers), needs to be reflected in the budget (for ex. equipment, training, client/staff transportation, etc.).
- Knows proposals, project objectives, and indicators, as well as contracts and donor regulations and guidelines, etc. Establishes joint understanding with SPC. Establishes and maintains the project fact sheet that includes all this information.
- Organises the internal Jiyan project kick-off meeting with relevant colleagues and the “decision gates” meetings (implementation status, discussion of challenges, status of finance and target implementation).
- Coordinates and prepares project closure meetings with relevant colleagues (positive/negative achievements, lessons learned) one month after the project ends.
- Coordinates project inception meetings with donors.
- Visits to project locations for the purpose of monitoring project implementation on the occasion of an activity.
- Keep track of all expenses (budgeted vs. actual expenses) and the financial overview of all projects under their coordination.
- Requests relevant information in due time from HoP and Center Manager about the upcoming activities in their programs and centers.
- Sets up a comprehensive info-sharing and reporting system (updating fact sheet, Asana deadlines) for all projects he/ she is coordinating and updates HoP and CM about upcoming deadlines.
- Collects data from database/statistics/internal reports, centers and programs supported by the Project Officer for regular internal reporting.
- Monthly tracking of the status of target number implementations on the basis of client and event statistics according to target numbers in centers/projects; talk to HoP/center managers in case of problems.
- Warns SPC/ DoO in case of issues which might have to be communicated to the donor/could easily be adjusted with HoP/center managers.
- Is aware of reporting deadlines and checks if all relevant data is available.
- Writes report and sends it to the donor with DoO and SPC in cc, after final check by Senior Project Coordinator and approval by DoO (for final reports, by CEO).
- Communicate with donors regarding the project implementation in coordination with SPC.
Administrative and Networking Tasks:
- May liaise with stakeholders and participate in expert and partner meetings, conferences, and other external events on behalf of the DoO, including cluster meetings when relevant to the project.
- Supports DoO with maintaining relationships with project partners in Iraq and Syria, and engages in networking activities with potential partners on behalf of DoO.
- Shares information about project activities with the PR department to ensure proper media coverage (reports, statistics, pictures, videos, statements and interviews etc.) in coordination with the Senior Project Coordinator and DoO.
- Very good English skills in listening, speaking and writing.
- Fluent in Kurdish (preferably Sorani or Kurmanji) and Arabic.
- Completed bachelor’s degree or higher, with the proven ability to independently develop and compose (scientific) text.
- Flexible and strategic mindset, good communication skills.
- Experience of at least three years in project coordination or implementation of an asset.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Willingness to work occasionally variable hours, readiness for business trips.
- Advanced familiarity with Microsoft Office tools (especially MS Word and Excel), online tools, and email communication.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Participation in professional trainings and seminars;
- Working in an international and dedicated team;
- Paid holidays (24 days for full-time position) plus 15 statutory holidays. Additional paid holidays, especially on the occasion of religious festivals, may be agreed upon;
- Voluntary pension scheme with employer contributions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit, in English:
- cover letter outlining your motivation to work with Jiyan in this particular position
- CV detailing your previous work experience
via this form: APPLY HERE
Please note that applications that do not meet the requirements or that are incomplete will not be considered.
The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is an equal-opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage women to apply for this position.
- How to apply HOW TO APPLY Please submit, in English: cover letter outlining your motivation to work with Jiyan in this particular position CV detailing your previous work experience via this form: APPLY HERE Please note that applications that do not meet the requirements or that are incomplete will not be considered.