This position is responsible for assisting project managers as assigned in the overall execution, control and completion of rollout and deployment projects exercising project management tools, documentation, progress check, reporting to ensure achieving the projects within budget and on-time in line with company strategy and goals and achieving required SLAs.
This position is assigned for engineers capable of handling small scale projects in terms of budgets, scale of operations, resources requiring basic project management skills or assisting project managers A in project execution.
In order to progress to project manager C, the manager shall assist another higher level project manager by getting practical experience to be moved to another level and exert leadership and decision making capabilities to be able to handle projects independently.Key Duties:
- Assist project managers in the finalization of projects assigned according to deadlines and within budget and as per customer expectation achieving customer satisfaction and required SLAs and quality standards.
- Monitor and review projects costs and make sure they are well managed, monitor cost sheets for each project and provide findings to project manager assigned.
- Act as a backup to rotate between projects in the case of absence of project managers.
- Assist the project implementation manager in reporting, status monitoring and site supervision.
- Handle escalated project status delays and coordinate with different parties to achieve speed in finalizing the project.
- Analyze distribution of resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Ensure all quality assurance measures are in place to achieve deliverables as per quality standards.
- Identify, manage and mitigate risks.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions to the projects implementation manager.
- Anticipate and catch deviations from a plan or schedule early and keep all stakeholders informed.
- Exercise good judgment in whether tasks should be broken down into smaller detail or not.
- Generate many types of documents, including requirement specifications, contracts, schedules, personnel records, project reports, communication (email) records, design specifications, meeting agendas, minutes and status reports.
- Consolidate all time sheet and resource attendance records, provide input and recommendations for any inefficiencies in the attendance or staff utilization for each project.
- Coordinate with other department to facilitate site survey process.
- Create Daily Reports to team leader and send reports to PMO Team.
- BSc. In Mechanical, Electrical, Telecom, Computer Engineering or related.
- PMP is Preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; a team player who generates enthusiasm and builds effective working relationships.
- Ability to listen effectively and communicate with Directors, Managers and Teammates.
- Good Command of Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint).
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Experience in Administration and task coordination and filing.
- Good Command of English and Arabic- Written and Spoken.
- Willingness and ability to quickly learn complex concepts.
- Experience in Project Management and Reporting tools.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- At minimum 2 Years’ experience in telecommunication/ISP or network operations industry project management or site deployment technical field.