With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
The main objectives of the project is to coordinate the capacity building of the local organizations through different activities such as engaging facilitators, trainings/workshops, mentoring and coaching.
The LCB Project Coordinator will oversee all of the operational, capacity building and logistical components of the project including monitoring progress against the detailed implementation plan for all project activities, tracking the capacity building plan, lead the development, review and submission of the financial and narrative reports, and maintaining the implementation of donor guidelines, standards and outcomes. Facilitate the capacity building of the local partners. This staff will report to the Area Manager who will provide additional support on operational or logistical needs.
Project Operations & Management:
- Demonstrate World Vision’s core values, vision and mission in all aspects of the role.
- Manage and lead implementation of Local Organization Capacity Building (LCB) project in line with established goals, objectives and partnership agreements in collaboration with the Technical Advisor.
- Support in facilitating the trainings/ workshops for the partners.
- Regular coordination and engagement with the identified local organizations.
- Manages the project budget to ensure that the project is operating within its budget limitations in order to meet its goals and objectives, tracks budget and financial project expenditures.
- Ensure the project implementation is aligned to WV policies and procedures in terms of security, finance, administration, and operations.
- Lead the identification and documentation of local organization capacity gaps and designing plans to address them.
- Develop indicators to support the tracking of progress.
- Lead the baseline and endline assessments to document impact.
- Document the processes conducted as well as lessons learned.
- Identify and engagement with the main key actors both external and internal.
- Development and timely submission of quality reports – narrative and finance.
- Work closely with WV Iraq’s communication team in developing project success stories into pieces for website to demonstrate impact of project.
- Conduct regular monitoring and support visits to the partners.
- Development of the ToR for the local trainers and workshop Curriculum for LCB project.
- Identification of partner program staff to participate in different workshops like proposal development and fundraising workshops for LCB project.
- Facilitate Mentorship and supervision for trained sub-partner program staff for LCB project
Monitoring & Evaluation and Administration Reporting:
- Ensure that project documentation is prepared, including weekly and monthly project reports on implementation status as per requirements of World Vision.
- Support Area Manager in liaising with Finance and Grants team in tracking LCB component project expenditure, reviewing financial reports, and addressing queries of related expenditure in timely manner.
- To ensure quality project implementation is in line with WV, local and international standards.
- Give weekly updates to Area manager and to the technical advisor as per need and prepare monthly project reports to Areal Manager.
- Ensure that organizational security measures and directives are integrated into partners.
- Any other duties relating to the nature of the job
- Other tasks as requested by the Line Manager and/or Program Director.
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
- Support establishment and management of partners outside these project when and as necessary
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
. (2-3) years’ experience in grant project management. Strong generalist back ground essential, but technical sectors expertise advantageous.
. Demonstrated experience in facilitating trainings/ workshops.
. 2-3 years of development and/or relief work at the programmatic level.
. Experience in integrated program/project cycle management
. Experience working in a fragile context
. Mentoring within cross-cultural contexts.
. Coordinating and working with partners
.Bachelor’s degree in a field related to Business Management, Faculties of Arts or Sciences or any other relevant education background.
.Experience managing and leading grant implementation is highly advantageous.
. Demonstrated technical and professional aptitude in project management in a fragile context.
. Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity, abilities to work as a team member
. Strong intercultural relations competency
. Thorough knowledge of MS Office i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc
. Demonstrated understanding of the humanitarian sector
. Advanced written and oral English skills i.e. the ability to express ideas clearly and effectively, both in spoken and written English.
. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
. Knowledge of project cycle elements, M&E systems design and management.
. Strong capacity building and facilitation skills.
Cross-cultural and gender sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
. Self-starter who can work independently under pressure and who has ability to manage work tasks without direct supervision.
. Effective in establishing priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor activities, juggle competing demands and work to tight deadlines.
. Strong ability to work with and relate to diverse personality types, to practice relational and ideological tolerance, and to contribute to a positive organizational culture.
. Ability to maintain performance expectations and healthy social interactions in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
. Willing to travel as required.
. Commitment to World Vision Core Values, Vision and Mission Statement.
. Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct and capability of incorporating standards in implementation and evaluation of relevant projects.
• Fluency in Local language.
• Working knowledge of English and ability to write reports in English.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
Up to 60 Per Cent domestic travel.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only