Project Coordinator Support
Place of work: East Mosul Al Salam Teaching Hospital, Covid-19 ICU
Deadline for application: 03/01/2021
Main purpose of the job:
Providing support to the Project Coordinator in the security management and the coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities and contributing to the context analysis and follow-up according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure the smooth running of the project
- Representing MSF externally together with the Project Coordinator (PC) or alone (when delegated) and negotiating on behalf of the project coordination in close cooperation with the PC and based on beforehand agreed messaging. Assisting in safeguarding and promoting MSF’s image externally
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and providing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, parties, actors, authorities and military groups, in different administrations/parties and governorates/districts in order to improve understanding and decision making processes. Maintaining the security database and providing a biweekly context analysis based on recent incidents and developments
- Assisting in exploratory missions and assessments as needed and participating in the development of security plans
- Assisting the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities, community leader, military actors, security forces) in order to improve awareness, understanding of MSF principles and services and public opinion adhesion. Write meeting minutes and contribute to the meeting logbook.
- Ensuring the continuity of relations/networking with local actors (other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) and filing and updating field contacts and correspondence in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis. Organizing advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator.
- Translating and reviewing documents and acting as an interpreter when needed. Assisting the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, military actors, community leaders, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows.
- Preparing and conducting context, cultural and security briefings on the project context to new employees (national and international) in order to facilitate their integration and within the project environment. Ensuring regular security briefings/trainings of assessment team, drivers, and guards in consultation with the Project Coordinator.
- Being contactable by phone and available to assist the Project Coordinator with important context, security and operational issues that may occur outside of regular working hours unless otherwise agreed with the Project Coordinator (e.g., holidays)
- Performing assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required by the Project Coordinator
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analysing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision making processes.
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, local authorities, media, etc) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis.
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion.
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts.
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts.
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration on-board and within the project environment.
Specific requirements for the role:
- Education: Essential University Diploma Level, preferably in the field of Social Sciences (Political Sciences, International Public Law, Anthropology, Economics, etc.)
– Essential experience in and exposure to working in a complicated political, security and humanitarian environment
– Essential experience in data collection, reporting and analysis
– Desirable two (2) years previous experience in similar jobs in the field of humanitarian aid with MSF or other NGOs
– Desirable: Management experience
- Competences: Diplomacy, good communication and interpersonal skills
What we offer:
- Legal contract and pay in accordance with MSF Salary Grid.
- The chance to gain professional development and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
MSFCH will manage COVID-19 Intensive Care Facility in the Al Salam Teaching Hospital, Mosul, in order to support DOHN’s response to COVID-19 pandemic by providing lifesaving intensive care for COVID-19 confirmed severe cases.
As a part of the MSFCH team, you will be directly exposed to potential contact with COVID-19 patients. Therefore, all interested candidates must ensure not to have any medical pre-existing condition that would make them more vulnerable in case of contamination of the virus.
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus. You can be infected by breathing in the virus if you are within close proximity of someone who has COVID-19, or by touching a contaminated surface and then your eyes, nose or mouth. People with the following pre-existing medical conditions are more vulnerable to develop complications from this disease:
– Age > 60 years old
– Obesity and Severe Obesity – BMI >30 and ≥ 40
– Cardiovascular Disease, including hypertension, coronary disease, arrhythmia, heart failure
– Chronic lung disease (including asthma, COPD, TB), heavy smokers
– Chronic kidney or liver disease, including Hepatitis B/C
– Immunosuppression/immunocompromising conditions such as:
- Cancer treatment
- Bone marrow or solid organ transplant
- Prolonged use of corticosteroids or other immunosuppressants
- Address East Mosul Al Salam Teaching Hospital, Covid-19 ICU
- Salary Offer MSF Salary Grid
- How to apply Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + references + ID card), Only applications with complete documentation will be considered. By email to [email protected] Please indicate “Project Coordinator Support” in the e-mail title. We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. English CVs only Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process. We may take this vacancy down ahead to the initial deadline of application in case we reached or over a considerable number of applications.
- Job Reference https://www.ngosjobs-bids.com/jobs/job-detail/job-project-coordinator-support-23000/nav-15