The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is seeking applicants for the position of Project Development Coordinator in Kurdistan/Iraq.
Position: Project Development Coordinator
Status: full-time employee (40h/week, 5 days)
Reports to: Director of Operations, Project Development Team Lead
Required Degree: Bachelor or higher
Application Deadline: 7 January 2024
Starting Date: As soon as possible
The contract is fixed-term until 31 December 2024, with the option for renewal.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Independently writes applications for funds for all of the programs of Jiyan Foundation. Pro-actively and self-sufficiently coordinates and discusses with the colleagues of other programs and departments for the acquisition of necessary information.
- Drafts budgets that accompany applications in coordination with the Finance Department.
- Regularly monitors relevant sources for fundraising possibilities.
- Supports Jiyan Foundation with the development of new fundraising ideas and related projects and activities, including the adaption of ongoing projects.
- Communicates professionally with (potential) donors.
- Coordinates with the Department of Operations for the handover of successful applications to the implementing team.
- In coordination with the Department of Operations and Project Development, explores cooperation with national and international organizations, sets up meetings to discuss potential cooperation.
- Very good English skills in listening, speaking and writing.
- Fluent in Kurdish (preferably Sorani and Kurmanji) and Arabic.
- Completed bachelor’s degree or higher, with the proven ability to independently develop and compose (scientific) text.
- Flexible and strategic mindset, good communication skills.
- Experience of at least two years in fundraising and donor relations. Additional experience in project coordination or implementation an asset.
- Ability to efficiently plan work flow and time and to independently organize work load.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Willingness to work occasionally variable hours, readiness for business trips.
- Advanced familiarity with Microsoft Office tools (especially MS Word and Excel), online tools, and email communication.
- Active interest in human rights and social justice; awareness of current events both nationally and internationally, as a precondition for the task.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Participation in professional trainings and seminars;
- Working in an international and dedicated team;
- Paid holidays (24 days for full-time position) plus 15 statutory holidays. Additional paid holidays, especially on the occasion of religious festivals, may be agreed upon;
- Voluntary pension scheme with employer contributions.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit, in English:
- cover letter outlining your motivation to work with Jiyan in this particular position
- CV detailing your previous work experience
- Reference letters or reference contacts
via this form: APPLY HERE
Please note that applications that do not meet the requirements or that are incomplete will not be considered.
The Jiyan Foundation for Human Rights is an equal-opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage women to apply for this position.
- How to apply HOW TO APPLY Please submit, in English: cover letter outlining your motivation to work with Jiyan in this particular position CV detailing your previous work experience Reference letters or reference contacts via this form: APPLY HERE Please note that applications who do not meet the requirements or that are incomplete will not be considered.