HAMAP-Humanitaire in Iraq
Halte aux Mines AntiPersonnel (HAMAP)-Humanitaire is a French NGO, established in 1999 in order to contribute in struggles against mines and the risks it presents to civilian population. HAMAP-Humanitaire is active in 13 countries and pursue a mission of support to local partners from the need assessment, through project conception and to its sustainable implementation. HAMAP-Humanitaire diversified its field of activity, to encompass four sectors: Engineering (WASH and construction); Health and hygiene; Education – vocational training; Mine Action.
Contract Duration: 3 months (with possibility for extension)
Duty station: Erbil, KRI
Working hours: Part-time (20 hours weekly)
Minimum education: University or institute student
Minimum experience: Entry level
Required travel: No
No of jobs: 1
Published date: 25th November 2021
Deadline date: Position is filled on a rolling basis
Start date: As soon as possible
As a part of HAMAP-Humanitaire’s capacity building activities, we are looking for a project intern who has the desire to develop their skills and experience, and build a compelling profile for future job applications. HAMAP-Humanitaire will ensure to provide the appropriate level of training, mentoring and coaching to the selected candidates. The project intern will be providing general support for the project team. S/He is expected to carry out a variety of tasks including finance and accounting tasks, clerical duties, archiving and other project management related tasks.
S/He must support HAMAP-Humanitaire’s mandate, values and international standards.
Hierarchical and organizational links:
Reports to: Project Manager
Coordinates with: Project team
Responsibilities and duties:
- Assisting the project manager in general project management and follow-up tasks
- Translate documents (English, Arabic and Kurdish) according to the requirements
- Interpret for expatriates (English, Arabic and Kurdish)
- Perform basic data entry activities
- Organizing and archiving all finance documents and records as instructed
- Participating in financial reporting with increasing responsibilities according to training and results
- Schedule and organize meetings for the project team
- Record and archive minutes of meetings
- Archiving and documentation of project reports and data
- Performing clerical duties such as scanning, copying and mailing
- Perform other duties as required by project team
- Willing to learn and develop its financial management competencies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism.
- Works effectively with all HAMAP staff, partner and project’s stakeholders.
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Contributes to a collegial team environment.
- Maintains and promotes HAMAP’s conduct regarding ethical behavior
- Creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA);
- Knowledge and interest in financial procedures
- Excellent computer skills, particularly in MS Word and Excel
Education and experience
- University or institute student in finance, accounting, business administration or any related field
Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic are required.
Working knowledge of French an advantage.
Rules of conduct:
While working for HAMAP-Humanitaire, completing the entrusted tasks, or presenting his/herself as working for the NGO, the following is expected from the candidate:
- Systematically reporting to the line manager his/her activities and seeking approval before to undertake any unplanned activity.
- Acting in a proper way, according to HAMAP-Humanitaire values, with all actors: this excludes any discrimination on basis of nationality, ethnicity, religion, class, gender, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
- Respecting the various local habits and customs, as well as the country laws and rules, in order to preserve HAMAP-Humanitaire respectability.
- Respecting a strict confidentiality regarding HAMAP-Humanitaire documents, projects (ongoing and future), prospects of development, stakeholders and providers, unless instructed differently by the Country Director.
- Avoiding any use of the job position in HAMAP-Humanitaire for personal purposes.
- Address Erbil, Bahrka Road, 128 Ainkawa, 4 Towers, Building B, 9th floor, #45.
- How to apply If your profile fits the one we look for and that you are available at the required dates, please send us your candidature by email with a resume and a covering letter in English to: [email protected] and [email protected] Please entitle your email (subject) as follow: Project Intern – YourName