Job title: Project Manager
Contract Duration: 1 year
Working hours: 8:30 – 4:00
Type of position: Full-time
Published Date: December 3, 2023
Deadline Date: December 15, 2023
Kurdistan Save the Children is a non-profit, non-political, and non-sectarian organization that
provides assistance regardless of race, gender, traditions, political or religious affiliation.
We work with children in various fields of child protection, sponsorship, health and education. Our
main aim is to work directly or indirectly, to ensure a better future for children, through improving
and providing their various medical, social, economical, and educational needs.
KSC has been established in 1991. our main office is located in Sulaymaniyah.
Protection and assistance for refugees and asylum seeker children in Erbil and Sulaymaniyah governorates.
This project seeks to provide protection services to refugees/asylum seekers, IDPS and host community children with the main focus on refugees/asylum seekers residing in the urban and camp areas of Erbil and Sulaymaniyah Governorates through: Providing specialized child protection services and support through case management for refugees, Conducting BIA and participating in the BID Panel under the overall framework of UNHCR’s Best Interest Procedures (BIP), Establishing or strengthening the capacity of community-based child protection structures, Community outreach/mobilization such as conducting awareness raising sessions for children and their parents/caregivers, Providing recreational, structured and non-structured PSS activities, as well as physiotherapy for children with disabilities, providing capacity building to government counterparts responsible for child protection.
- supervise Child Protection activities in the allocated areas of responsibility (Sulaymaniyah, and Erbil).
- Supervise case workers and project officers.
- The project manager should plan, develop, execute, and monitor weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually to capture planned consequences.
- Collaborate with the procurement department to facilitate the project activities.
- Ensure that all planned activities are implemented within the budget and time, according to quality standards and as per the monthly plan.
- Supervise all child protection activities within the project.
- Make recommendations to promote child protection project procedures and find solutions to risks and challenges.
- Have coordination with other stakeholders to implement child protection activities.
- Supervise the preparation of all procurement, finance, and administrative documents required for project implementation.
- Attend meetings, conferences, activities and events related to child protection.
- Join the team regularly to support implementation of the project in different projects locations, monitors activities and work plans; draw attention to successes and challenges faced in the project.
- Lead a team of social workers, and community mobilizers through a motivating manner.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration/ and/or Master’s degree in Project Management or bachelor’s degree in relevant fields.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in child protection in national/international NGOs.
- Experience in case management, child protection interventions, provision of different trainings including resilience and positive discipline programs
- Take the circumstances of children into consideration within the community, and illustrate a commitment to improve the children’s well-being and children’s social lives in the society.
- Support in coordination with the related stakeholders and community in the design and implementation of field activities.
- Have proper leading skills and communication skills.
- Have good knowledge of PSS.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Kobo).
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish, and basic Arabic is required.
- Address Rizgary, Street 408, Hapsakhani Naqeb,
- How to apply Please do not apply if you live outside Erbil please follow the link below and fill in the form as requested. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfwzMUCq1IPxVAIVEb5nsWZ-Wn5Y8g4C7cznlBrQqnGGxsaFg/viewform?usp=pp_url