Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
We are seeking to employ a candidate for the following position:
Project Medical Referent Support (PMR Support)
Place of work: West Mosul – Nablus Hospital
Deadline for application: 15/01/2022
Main purpose of the job:
Supporting the Project Medical Referent through delegated tasks and responsibilities including administrative tasks related to the organization of work, ensuring good networking with local health authorities and health related partners in Ninewa Governorate in order to ensure the delivery of quality medical care for patients and their communities as well as to improve the health conditions of the targeted population
Duties & Responsibilities:
With the support of the Project Medical Referent (or Hospital Director):
Epidemiological surveillance and medico humanitarian context analysis:
- Assist in the collection and the analysis of health-related information (including epidemiological data) through different sources (health cluster meetings, DoH technical departments, local health facilities and other sources);
- Support the medical data team in reporting all diseases with epidemic potential through EWARN system.
Medical representation and Networking:
- Support and assist the PMR in mapping (active and dynamic networking data base) and meeting different stakeholders
- Participate actively in communication with patients and relatives in case of patient safety incident or patients’ complaints.
Referral system and staff health:
- Support the referral MD to perform frequent evaluations of the health structures that can serve as reference centres for patients, national and international staff; making sure that they have a minimum quality standard, accepted by MSF;
- Support the referral doctor for the referral of Mosul and Sinuni projects, ensuring the appropriate patient referral (from and to MSF hospital) in coordination with Project Medical Referents.
- Support the referral doctor in the development and documentation of protocols related to referral.
- Ensure the follow-up of National staff health policy. Support in proper follow-up of administrative procedures related to staff heath (sick leave, reimbursement cost, etc.).
- In collaboration with Referral doctor, IPC supervisor and Head nurse: support the follow-up of IPC (especially Covid-19 preventive measures) by all NS and expats in the project. Follow up of national staff vaccination status as well.
- Support the referral doctor to orientate the beneficiaries of the Health Policy regarding medical facilities and services provided in Mosul.
- Support the referral doctor by organizing awareness sessions for all MSF staffs on medical topics and National staff health policy.
Reporting and project medical data management:
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly, half year and annual reports of the project activities;
- Participation in the monthly review of medical data base
- Compile the monthly medical report shared with the DoH
- Support of medical team by replacing temporarily a member of the medical team (Referral doctor, Clinical team leader, Project Medical Referent) when needed);
- Participate to any operational assessment when needed and possible proposals
- Participate in the discussions on the evolution of MSF project program, contributing with his/her experience to the improvement of the overall performance, adapting to changing reality and context.
Quality of care:
- Participate with the support of Project Medical Referent or Hospital Director in different hospital committees: IPC committee, Antibiotic stewardship committee, Quality of care improvement committee, etc.
- Support medical managers and supervisors in the implementation and follow up of the MSF protocols (para) medical standards, the rules of hygiene and universal precautions in project services;
Human resources management:
- Advise the PMR in defining human resources needs and materials;
Archives and Project medical operational library:
- Supervise the management of project medical archives;
- Manage and update the project medical BiBop;
Performs other appropriate duties as requested by PMR
Specific requirements for the role:
|Educational Background:||– Essential: BA degree as a medical doctor is mandatory|
|Knowledge and Work Experience Requirements:||– Essential: Good knowledge about Mosul Health System
– Desirable: Minimum 1 year of experience in similar positions
– Desirable: previous work experience with MSF or other INGOs
– Language: Fluency in English is mandatory, local language knowledge is desirable
|Performance Requirements:||– Strong organizational and communication skills.
– Able to use computer software.
– Able to understand ethics of confidentiality.
– Courteous, honest and professional at all times.
– Efficient, organized and accurate.
– Able to comprehend established office routines and policies.
– Able to communicate and relate well with physicians and other clinical staff.
– Know and accept MSF charter and values
– Flexibility to work extended hours and during weekends and holidays.
– For applicants with foreign certificates, Iraqi recognised state-diploma is required.
– MOH candidates are required to present an un-paid leave officially approved by MOH only of the candidate is selected
– For applicants registered under DOH Ninewa, a non-objection letter should be provided only if the candidate is selected.
What we offer:
- Legal contract and pay in accordance with MSF Salary Grid
- The chance to gain professional development and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
- Address Mosul West - Nablus Hospital
- Salary Offer According to MSF Salary grid, USD According to MSF Salary grid, Month
- How to apply How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + Diploma + references + ID card), Only applications with complete documentation will be considered. By email to [email protected] Or in the CV box at the entrance of Nablus Hospital Please indicate “PMR Support” in the e-mail title or on the envelope. We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. English CVs only Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted You application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process. We may take this vacancy down ahead to the initial deadline of application in case we reached or over a considerable number of applications