GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
Under the responsibility of the Civil Society Engagement Project Manager (PM), the Project Officer is responsible to assist the PM in running inclusion mainstreaming and civil society strengthening activities in HI through:
- Organization, supervision and monitoring of daily operations
- Project information management (gather, analyze and track data) to help identify challenges and propose solutions to improve the quality of HI support to HI partners
- Effective communication and support coordination internally (HI team) and externally (partners, authorities, iNGOs…).
- Provide regular reporting to the project manager.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DECRIPTION
Based in Sinuni/Sinjar with frequent travel to Mosul/Erbil, under the direct responsibility of the Project manager and with the support of the Technical Unit and support departments, you will have to undertake the following tasks:
- Develop weekly/monthly planning of the activities and manage their daily implementation and movements to the field
- Ensure timely implementation of the project activities in the area of intervention identified in line with HI quality principles and donor guidelines
- Identify, document and report on technical and operational challenges and issues to improve upon
- Assure project documentation for all implemented activities is complete, archived and in line with donor requirements
- Ensure coordination with the other team members (Sub-base focal point , MEAL assistant)
INCLUSION TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING OF PARTNER TEAMS
- In coordination with the Technical Unit, organize awareness sessions on basic concept of inclusion and vulnerability for project partners (INGOs, NNGOs)
- Organize Training of Trainers (ToT) on Inclusion and Physical accessibility for projects partners
- Participate to identify the inclusion needs of partners in order to mainstream inclusion cross-sector (incl. WASH, Legal Assistance and Health interventions) and to share appropriate guidelines and adapt trainings and awareness sessions accordingly
- Contribute to build the organizational and technical capacities of Disabled Person Organizations (DPOs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and attend regular network meetings.
- Support DPOs and CSOs in the establishment of partnership guidelines and internal policies; the development of mainstreaming strategies; the planning and implementation of community-based social cohesion projects.
MONITORING, REPORTING AND QUALITY CONTOL
- Provide weekly reporting on activities (achievement of results, activity monitoring, meeting reports, site visits records, etc.)
- Support the organization of the Technical Needs Assessment in coordination with Consortium Partners and MEAL agents
- Ensure quality control and monitoring of project’s field activities
- Ensure technical coherence of the approach and methodology on all the components of the inclusion guidelines in the project.
- Facilitate effective dialogue with DPOs and CSOs to ensure accountability
- Ensure compliance with HI policies, guidelines and standards (inclusion, procurement, …)
REPRESENTATION AND EXTERNAL COORDINATION
- Work in close collaboration with the project partners (International and National NGOs, DPOs, CSOs…) and stay abreast of activities organized and services delivered by partners in Community Centres.
- Identify, map and create links with DPOs and CSOs, networks or focal points and other organizations engaged in the inclusion of the most vulnerable people;
- Ensure a close collaboration with relevant local authorities and community leaders
- Attend relevant external coordination meetings upon request of the project manager
- Create and maintain a network in the area of operation and ensure transmission of key messages on inclusion and accessibility
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- University degree in Social Sciences, Humanitarian Project Management, International Development or similar fields required.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic mandatory
- Kurmanji is a strong asset
- Minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience in humanitarian work with international or local NGOs; or in the social field
- Experience building and developing local partners/ civil society capacities
- Previous experience in working in Nineveh governorate
- Experience of working in insecure and complex environments is an asset
- Previous experience with HI is an asset
- Strong planning /organization skills
- Excellent communication and relational skills (internal within the team and external with partners).
- Ability to deliver training and coaching/accompanying HI/partners staffs
- Strong networking skills, practical understanding of disability and inclusion efforts
- Strong internal and external coordination and representation skills
- Adaptable, independent and able to work on remote if needed
- Open and interested in disability issues
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis between Sinjar/Sinuni, Mosul and Erbil
- Motivated, dynamic, able and willing to take initiatives, learn and to develop professionally
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and humanitarian values
The working hours are the following:
A minimum of 40 hours per week is expected of the staff. The working hours can vary due the nature of the emergency response implemented by the project.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager
Base: Sinuni/Sinjar with frequent visits to Mosul and Erbil, according to security conditions
Line Manager: Project Manager
Head of Department: Area Manager
Operational link: Logistics department, MEAL agents
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
- Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
- Internal regulation (IR)
- Child protection policy (CPP)
- Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassement (PSEAH)
- Antifraud and bribery
- Code of Conduct (CoC)
- How to apply Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before 3rd April 2021 Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically. Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference: Ref: HI-IRQ -MSL-ECSPO-564 Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the Subject line of your e-mail Please address all applications to: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Minimum Three References to be provided with CVs, CVs without references will not be considered
- Job Reference Ref: HI-IRQ -MSL-ECSPO-564