Mehad- is a humanitarian medical aid and relief, non- -profit, non-governmental, organization. It was founded in January 2012, with the vision to work under a unified strategic framework aiming to provide medical services and support to affected people and communities, regardless of nationality, ethnicity, gender, religion, or political loyalty.
Mehad Erbil Mission in Iraq is looking for a Project Senior Officer/Female under the head of Projects ,the candidate will be responsible for the following :
- Leading on humanitarian planning for sustainable projects within MEHAD response.
- Quality project management in the administration of the Program for the assigned projects.
- Managing and improving the implementation of MEHAD projects within the humanitarian context in the NES and inside Iraq.
- Direct oversight and direction responsibilities of the project staff members according to the organogram of each project.
- Direct supervision role on the assigned field projects officers.
- Direct responsibility in producing the assigned projects related updates under the one unified program of MEHAD in the monthly humanitarian sitrep reports which will be shared with the Projects Coordinator then to the (Head of Program) HoP, finally to be submitted to the (Head of Mission) HoM.
The position includes Projects Planning, Implementation, and Representation.
- Supervise and monitor the overall implementation of the assigned projects’ plans.
- Supervise the field project officer in the hourly and daily activities.
- Enhance the resolving of the problems of deviations in the implementation of the assigned projects.
- Ensure effective coordination and cooperation between the various departments, functions, and units, and the project management to achieve the strategic objectives of MEHAD under the project management function under the program administration.
- Lead the Coordination among the different representations from different departments, functions, and units related to the project management cycle, through establishing intersections communication matrixes tailored for each assigned project. (as an intern hierarchy communication matrix).
- Utilize the different project management tools to achieve the planned objective, outcomes, and targets of the assigned projects.
- The PMTs are: The log frame, the RACI matrix, the chronogram of the tasks, internal and external reports, and others.
- Prepare the monthly reports for each assigned project and submit them to the Projects coordinator.
- Convene and lead the quarterly project review meeting for each assigned project.
- Present developmental ideas and suggestions regarding project implementation procedures in MEHAD organization to the project’s coordinator.
- Attend the weekly meetings convened by the project’s coordinator.
- Manage the process of building, developing and maintaining relationships with donors of the current ongoing assigned projects.
- Continuous communication with the donor during the implementation of the project phases.
- Representation of MEHAD project management department Infront of the partner / Donor.
- Prepare a tracker for the sub strategic objectives planned for each assigned project which will feed into the annual operational plan for the project management department, distributing it into interim assignments and milestones.
- Participate in the monthly whole of staff meeting in the organization actively.
- Develop and train the assigned field project team members and periodically evaluate their performance.
- Develop the project profile, project organogram, project work plan, and other implementation tools in coordination with the other project staff members according to the project organogram.
- Improving the mental image of the assigned projects in front of the donors related to the organization’s program and activities.
- Advocacy for sustainability of the funding of the projects.
- Advocacy of the comprehensive integrated approach of the one unified program of MEHAD. (Comprehensive Health centered program, integrated with protection, Nutrition, and ER).
- Update the weekly task planner.
- Assure the compliance with the donor / Partner regulations.
- Adhere to the deadlines of the internal and external reports.
- Lead the kickoff meetings, quarterly review meetings, and the closure meetings for the assigned projects.
- Prepare the close out check list of the assigned projects.
- Resolve all MEAL findings according to the agreed deadlines during the life time of the assigned projects.
- Follow up and monitor supervise the implementation of the HR, SC, expenditure plan for each assigned project.
- Prepare the monthly Expenditure plan and the BvA for each assigned project in coordination with the finance and accounts teams.
- Conduct any other tasks assigned to her by the HoM within the limits of her competence.
MEHAD Erbil Office
Education & Experience :
- BA in Business, administration, finance, or any related field. MA is preferred.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the grants / projects / Programs management under the Humanitarian field.
Computer skills and course:
- MS – Office, Advanced in Excel.
- PMD certificate is essential.
- Using Webinar platforms
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to deal sensitively with people from a variety of cultural and social backgrounds.
- Willing to adapt to MEHAD values without compromising personal beliefs and principles.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to interact with staff in a professional and helpful manner.
- High presentation skills to facilitate workshops, meetings, …etc.
- High communication skills, especially in virtual events.
- Working under unstable humanitarian situation.
- Budgeting and reporting skills.
- Good managerial skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English (Required)
- Average Kurdish (Preferable).
Candidate shall be national from KRI Resident
This job opportunity is intended for females only as a part of our commitment to fostering gender equality and creating an inclusive work environment.
- How to apply Interested Candidates who meet the above mentioned qualifications should fill the google below and attach their updated cv in PDF file, mentioning the announcement code "AHR-2023-009" Mehad HR will communicate with chosen candidate who achieved work analysis