NES Fircroft are looking for a Project Services Lead to join a major operator in Iraq on a 28/28 rotation.
Department : Projects
- Provide HSE Leadership and work with the contractor to deliver fully on expectations on HSE.
- Ensuring compliance with the projects cost & planning control requirements.
- Assurance of main contractor’s costs & schedule.
- Manage the coordination/Preparation of facilities cost estimates and benchmark cost throughout each project stage.
- Ensuring accuracy and visibility on overall cost status against agreed budgets
- Development of consistent and accurate cost forecasting.
- Ensure the development of appropriate budgets. Implement and monitor cost within each projects stage and for the entire project until completion/close-out.
- Providing visibility on progress and schedule status.
- Involvement in the annual budget process
- Involvement in change control process
- Highlighting cost and schedule risks.
- Participate in Risk identification workshops and maintain risk register.
- Reviewing and improving funding and control processes
- Participate in ITT process for new E&P and construction contracts.
- Reporting to and involvement in upper management meetings
- General Management and personnel issues
- Preparation of Key Projects key monthly reports.
- Coaching local projects service personnel in best project services practices.
Skills / Qualifications:
- University degree or equivalent qualifications / experience or a minimum of 10 years experience in similar roles in the oil and gas industry
- Demonstrable experience working with engineering and construction contractors on projects in the Oil and Gas industry.
Other key requirements:
- Candidates should have a project services/projects control background with experience gained in planning and cost control
- Strong communication skills including writing reports and presenting
- High attention to detail
- Candidates should have knowledge and experience in project management processes
- Previous experience of working within a multi-cultural and multi-discipline, multi-location environment, desirable
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.