The Marshall Legacy Institute (MLI) is a non-profit organization located in Arlington, VA. MLI’s mission is to help war-torn countries recover from conflict by promoting hope, growth, and stability. MLI is seeking a Project Specialist in Iraq (based in either Baghdad, Dhi Qar, Erbil, or Sulaymaniyah) to work with MLI’s Program Director in a project to improve early childhood development to children in reformatory centers in Iraq. The ideal candidate will have some experience working on programs, monitoring and evaluation, and recording and visualizing data. This is a fixed-term contract for work between January 1, 2024 – August 31, 2025.
- Communicate with project partners in Iraq and oversight of project metrics;
- Conduct program monitoring and assist the Program Manager in program evaluation;
- Develop timelines and resources to achieve project objectives, and ensure program activities stay on track;
- Ensure effective systems to track outputs and progress, and draft reports;
- Proactively build partnerships with project partners;
- Publish and communicate program results to emphasize successes for replication.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, with at least two years of program management experience and working in a group setting
- Excellence in organizational management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail
- Action-oriented, adaptable, and innovative approach to project planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people and cultures
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
- English (required)
- Arabic (required)
- Kurdish (required)
Compensation: This is a full-time position with the monthly wage determined based on experience. The Project Specialist may work remotely or on a mixed remote/in-person basis depending on his/her location. He/she will be communicating with the MLI project team based in the U.S. and with field staff based in Iraq. Work days can be on Iraq time, Sunday-Thursday. Travel to other project locations is required; preference will be given to candidates with a driver’s license and a personal vehicle.
Interested candidates please submit your resume and names and contact information for at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone, video and/or in-person (when applicable) interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, but preference will be given to candidates who submit their applications by December 1.
- How to apply Interested candidates please submit your resume and names and contact information for at least three professional references to email@example.com. Phone, video and/or in-person (when applicable) interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, but preference will be given to candidates who submit their applications by December 1.