As we transition to Acuity International, you may see references to Caliburn or Caliburn International in our job postings and application process.
Please note that as of October 1st, Caliburn International is Acuity International and as we phase out our postings and current applications, our company name will be updated.
Our vision aims to empower our clients by actively leveraging our broad range of services. With our global presence, we have career opportunities all across the world which can lead to a unique, exciting and fulfilling career path. Pick your path today! To see what career opportunities we have available, explore below to find your next career!
Local National Iraqi Citizen – Property Book
The Property Support Specialist (PS) reports to the MSSI Program Manager and will be supervised by the Chief of Medical Maintenance or Director of Logistics.
The PS is responsible for performing tasks and coordinating activities that include equipment, supplies and services to Iraq health care delivery sites. PS handles the shipping, receiving and general warehousing for MSSI-Iraq. Make sure shelves are stocked, orders are tracked, and invoices are filled. They load/unload trucks and other delivery vehicles.
The PS is primarily responsible for receiving, storing, recording and issuing medical supplies. They perform receipt, storage, issue, packing and shipping, due diligent care, inspection, quality control, segregation, inventory control, requisitioning, preservation, salvage, and destruction of medical supplies and equipment.
The PS also performs receipt, packing and shipping, care, inspection, quality control, segregation, inventory control, requisitioning, storage, preservation, issue, salvage, destruction, repair parts management, distribution, supply management, property management and accounting of medical supplies and equipment.
All services shall be provided in accordance with established standards, principles and ethics of the profession, applicable professional specialty organizations, and the high-quality standard for which CHS is recognized.
- A 2 year degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or related field is required.
- One year of relevant experience in warehousing, administrative and procurement activities is preferred.
- Familiarity with Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS) or U.S. Military Medical Logistics is a plus. Experience managing government owned-property is particularly desirable.
- Requires knowledge of basic administrative, warehousing, distribution and procurement processes, routines and procedures.
- Participate in training, (including HIPAA training).
- Must have recent experience in the position that is being applied for, for at least 6 months out of the past year.
- Must have a valid, current. Driver’s License.
- Shall be proficient in the ability to speak, write and communicate in English.
- Typical work week is five days a week, 8 hours a day in accordance with Iraqi Labor Laws.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs duties to provide clerical, administrative and logistical support, involving supply and maintenance functions, working within the limits of CHS Standard Practice.
- Maintains and updates manual and computerized inventory records and monitors control of medical supplies, equipment and administrative supplies, forms and publications.
- Researches sources of supply and prepares procurement documentation for supplies and equipment.
- Provides data and research in preparation for capital equipment or high dollar value procurement justification.
- Furnishes documents for shipment of supplies to offsite locations.
- Responds to inquiries regarding procurement and logistics policies and procedures and provide assistance to expedite emergency orders.
- Receives and stores medical supplies and equipment in designated warehouse.
- Issues and delivers medical supplies and equipment to Diplomatic Support Hospitals and field Health Units as requested or as required to maintain established inventory levels.
- Maintains, updates, and reports on property inventory for assigned unit, assists with vehicle control coordination and key control and alternate as property custodian for other units as required.
- Assists with the development of work requests for facilities maintenance.
- Performs operational readiness checks for communications, vehicles and equipment/supply requirements in support of planned special operations and support.
- Maintains emergency supplies for contingency operations.
- Performs courier duties to transport equipment, supplies, mail and other items between various assigned sites on a daily basis as required.
- Maintains work area and warehouse in a clean and orderly condition.
- Coordinates with DOS COM stock point counterparts to facilitate delivery of material to MSSI-Iraq health care delivery sites.
- Receives, maintains, and controls government property in accordance with CHS policy and procedure and local SOP and applicable US Law and implementing regulations.
- Assists with the managing of day to day activities and prioritizing tasks.
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software.
- Complies with all applicable CHS standards and guidelines.
- Maintains the highest regard for patient dignity and observe the precepts of the American Hospital Associations Bill of Rights for patients.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements.
- Coordinates and implements office services, interprets and communicates operating policies.
- Analyzes unit-operating practices such as record keeping systems, forms control, office layout, and creating new systems or revising established procedures.
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software. Uses various software applications, such as spreadsheets to manipulate and/or format data and/or reports.
- Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Identifies “close calls” and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO and other mandated regulatory or conformance regulations/standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- May participate in interdepartmental project groups or task forces to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, contract awards, and new policy requirements.
- Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies “close calls” and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
- May serve on the OSHA VPP, Safety, and Wellness Committees.
- Must be confirmed by a medical examination to be “medically and dentally fit” in accordance CHS Medical Readiness Guidelines and Policies and/or as dictated by the Client.
- No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Acuity International is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.