|Position Title:||Protection Officer|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term|
|Reports To||Protection Team leader|
|Application Closing date
IQJ Scout is looking to hire a Protection Officer on behalf of an NGO in iraq as per the requirements below:
The protection officer will be based in Hawija, Iraq with frequent travel to project target locations as security allows, and will work directly under the supervision of the Protection Team Leader. The protection officer is a member of the protection mobile team and will be responsible for monitoring and identification of protection concerns in target locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain momentum for protecting the safety and dignity of crisis affected communities with a focus on women and girls.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in humanitarian protection approaches and apply these in the program.
- Monitoring and identifying protection concern and appropriate solutions.
- Coordinate the implementation and monitoring of program ensuring that identified protection needs, including an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) approach, are adequately addressed.
- Conducting protection-monitoring assessments (household and individual).
- Maintain protection presence through regular field missions and reports, making direct contact with persons of concern, host communities, local authorities and partners.
- Contribute to the Protection team’s information management component which: provide disaggregated data on populations of concern and their problems; researches, collects and disseminates relevant protection information and good practices to enhance protection delivery and provide technical advice if necessary.
- Conducting protection awareness sessions to IDPs and authorities.
- Provide general information and counseling support to IDPs and refer cases to services both internally and externally.
- Supervise and support team of Protection Monitors.
- Ensuring effective advocacy for the protection of IDP rights and reporting protection violations with relevant stakeholders.
- Providing daily, weekly and monthly reports as requested by the supervisor. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in social science, international law or another related field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience working with NGOs in humanitarian settings. Demonstrated understanding of protection principles.
- Demonstrated experience in prevention and response to protection cases. Experience with Windows platform, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. Excellent oral communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills, with the ability to proactively problem solve and find solutions
- Proven ability to calmly, professionally, and successfully manage multiple priorities Ability to reside in Hawija and travel to Kirkuk and/or Tuz Khurmatu.
Language Skills: Excellent command of English and Arabic are required and any local languages.
- English Proficiency Level Required: Advanced
- Arabic Proficiency Level Required: Native
- Kurdish Proficiency Level Required: Advanced
- Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), and other software applicable to the area of work.
- Proficiency in using the emails.
Competencies required for the job
Collaborative spirit and ability to work independently as well as in a team; commitment to knowledge sharing and teamwork; positive attitude and ability to see through challenges to find solutions; and strong interpersonal skills and an ability to clearly communicate, including complex concepts into layperson language.
How To Apply
Please send cover letter (1 page maximum) explaining your interest and how your experience meets the qualifications required.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.