Role of the Psychologist
The Psychologist will protect, empower and support the recovery of vulnerable Iraqis through informal education activities and psychosocial support services to children of primary and secondary schools in Bashiqa- Ninewa Governorate. The psychologist will provide supervision of informal education activities aimed at the child wellbeing, and PSS services, including assessment, individual and group therapy and referrals.
The Psychologist will work with team members (Education Officer, Education Specialist and Teachers) and clients of different religious, ethnic, cultural, educational, and socio-economic backgrounds. All services will be provided in accordance with international ethical standards.
- Collaborate closely with the Education Officer to contribute to the development of informal education activities, with specific focus on PSS needs.
- Provide confidential ongoing PSS services to students and school personnel to deal with any traumas and strengthen their resilience mechanisms, as needed.
- Participate in supervision of informal education activities, aimed at alleviate psychological distress of students and school personnel
- Engage in playful methodologies, awareness raising activities and encourage students to reflect on inclusion, peaceful resolution of conflicts and intercultural dialogue
- Attend relevant training sessions, as assigned, to ensure that the highest quality services can be delivered.
- Participate in the development and implementation of outreach plan for community engagement events
- Maintain positive relationships with program team and partners.
- University degree in psychology or counseling.
- Written and spoken English, Kurdish, and Arabic
- Experience providing psychological therapies to clients, through individual or group counselling
- Experience working with children and adolescents, and school personnel in Sinjar will be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to gain trust and build relationships with team members and clients
- Treat all people with respect regardless of age, gender, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, disability status, marital status and ethnicity
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems
- Strong ability to work independently, including the ability to multitask, prioritize competing tasks, and manage time effectively
- Highly motivated and able to exercise initiative
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environment
Serve as a positive role model and FOCSIV ambassador at all times
- Address Baashiqa Subd-district-Nineveh
- How to apply If you are interested in this position please send your CV and motivation letter to the following email address: email@example.com, including the following subject “PSYCHOLOGIST, BASHIQA-NINEWA”. The deadline to apply for this position is 31 October 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. FOCSIV considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.