Main purpose of the job
Providing clinical psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to
Improve the patients’ mental health.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient’s condition
- Implementing the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and referring them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Working in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology and behaviour during sessions
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential.
MSFCH Specific Accountabilities:
- Monitor the technical activities of the counsellors to ensure their performance is following MSF principles and technical guidelines and thus, ensure the quality of the plans of treatment and their interventions.
- Provide workshops training, on-the-job training at Mental Health Activities Manager (MHAM) request and clinical case supervision to improve counsellor’s knowledge, skills, management and performance on their: group sessions, counselling sessions and data registration in the tools and files (Capacity Building).
- For patients with psychiatric disorders, provide psychoeducation to the patient and his/her relatives about the illness and the drug treatment to follow, to generate treatment adherence. Also, refer patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the best treatment available.
- Through psychoeducation interventions, raise awareness about MH and the most common problems related to Mental Health among the community.
|Education:||– Essential master’s degree in clinical psychology and psychotherapy|
|Experience:||– Desirable 2 years’ experience as a Clinical Psychologist
– Desirable experience in a psychiatric department
– Desirable experience in training
– Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries
– Data management – able to provide data analysis
– Counselling – able to provide counselling and technical supervision on counselling sessions, to diagnose and provide psycho-social intervention, to develop counselling tools and to define, implement and coordinate counselling
– Social Sciences
– Health Promotion
– Therapeutic skills and group management
– Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
– Teamwork and flexibility
– Interpersonal skills
|Languages:||Essential Arabic and English
|Competences:||– Results and Quality Orientation
– Commitment to MSF Principles
– Stress Management
What we offer:
- Legal contract and pay in accordance with MSF Salary Grid, Level 7
- The chance to gain professional development and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
- Address Mosul West - Nablus Hospital
- Salary Offer Remuneration in accordance to MSF Incentive grid
- How to apply How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + references + ID card) in the CV box at the entrance of the Hospital, or by email [email protected] Please indicate “PSYCHOLOGIST” on the envelope or as email subject. We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. English CVs only Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline