Place of work: Erbil – Coordination Office
Deadline for application: 25-07-2021
Main purpose of the job:
Performing the day to day purchasing activities in a particular supply office (coordination or project level) according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure an optimal running of the mission/ project
- Performing on a day to day basis the purchasing activities of a supply office, analyzing market sources and competitive pricing conditions among different suppliers in order to ensure an ongoing supply of goods, following the procurement procedures and according to MSF standards and protocols. Including the following activities:
- Constantly assessing the local market, seeking products and suppliers that offer the best value for money and negotiating prices in order to guarantee the best quality and pricing for MSF goods and commodities. Regularly updating the supplier-item-price data on the supply office and informing the Supply (Activity) Supervisor / Logistics Supervisor of all information or modifications to the data i.e. price, address, items available
- At the request of the line manager, obtaining different quotations from suppliers according to the MSF Purchasing policy and placing purchase orders to pre-selected suppliers with whom prices have been agreed
- Requesting invoices or receipts, without delay, for all purchases, checking they are correctly filled and translating information written in local language before approval
- Managing the administrative and accounting procedures related to purchases: completing purchase orders, checking delivery notes (against orders), managing advances issued by the Finance Department, etc. Updating information on purchase lists after purchases are made
- Assisting in reception control process with the storekeeper
- Performing delegated tasks according to his / her activity and as specified in his/her job description
Specific requirements for the role:
|Education:||· Essential: Minimum Secondary Education
· Commerce related studies are desirable
|Experience:||· Desirable working experience of at least 2 years in Purchase and Procurement or Supply Chain
· Previous experience in similar position with other INGO will be preferred
|Languages:||· Essential: Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish|
|Knowledge & Skills:||• Essential knowledge of use of computer including processing of documents (Word, Excel).
• Essential Driving Skills, Vehicle Driving License (Public or Private) is a must.
|Competencies:||• Results and Quality Orientation L1
• Teamwork and Cooperation L1
• Behavioural Flexibility L1
• Commitment to MSF Principles L1
• Stress Management L2
What we offer:
- Work opportunity paid in accordance with MSF salary grid (level 05)
- 100% employment contract
- The chance to gain professional development and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
- Address Erbil Governorate | MSF Erbil Office
- Salary Offer MSF Salary Grid, Level 5
- How to apply How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + references + ID card + Diploma + Copy of Driving License) In the CV box at the entrance of the Sinuni General Hospital or in MSFCH Sinuni CV box. Or by email [email protected] Please indicate “Purchasing Officer” on the envelope or as email subject. We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. ENGLISH CV ONLY Only suitable candidates will be contacted. You application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process We may take down this vacancy in case we’ve reached the required number of applications