DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company. With a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, DNO produces around 110,000 barrels of oil per day from the flagship Tawke field.
Provide Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QAQC) construction engineering of EPC Contractor executing an enhanced oil recovery development involving gas processing and compression, located in Kurdistan. You will be part of a small Company site team providing oversight on the EPC Contractor and assisting him with achieving safe and efficient execution of the construction phase of the project.
The Peshkabir Gas Project (PGP) is made up of Phase 1 and Phase 2, its overall objective being to minimize the flaring of gas and utilize the gas in an Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) scheme in the Tawke field.
Phase 1 (Peshkabir produced gas capture, treatment, compression and export for injection into Tawke) of the PGP is complete and PGP Phase 2 (Tawke Recycle-Gas Injection Project) is scheduled to commence with its specific objective being to recover the gas produced at Tawke, as and when injection gas breaks through into the production wells; additionally, to treat the gas and reinject it into Tawke to further enhance oil recovery.
The project facilities consist of:
- New gas processing facility to treat sour natural gas to quality suitable for transport by pipeline and injection in to existing oil reservoir. Includes, dew-pointing and dehydration
- New high-pressure Sour Gas Compression System.
The QAQC Engineer will act as Company representative on site for all quality matters, providing oversight on the EPC Contractor, to ensure construction is performed in a safe and effective manner, and in accordance with the approved design.
The project specific requirements are:
- Ensuring that the Contractor’s HSE commitments are met, engaging Company HSE department as required to validate the Contractor’s HSE performance against the commitments
- Ensure that the Project’s HSE objectives and quality requirements are met or exceeded and manage safety by promoting a true HSE culture for the project.
- Ensure Contractor commitments with respect to QAQC are met
- Participate in Contractor interface engagement with Company Operations and other related projects in a timely manner, and with sufficient detail to avoid delay during activities such as execution of tie-ins, commissioning, and start-up
- Ensure Contractor provides timely and accurate reporting on progress/issues with respect to construction QAQC in accordance with project requirements
- Act as project responsible representative for interfacing with Company departments external to the project with respect to construction quality matters
- Ensure Company interests are protected at all times
The role includes:
- Contractor management
- Company, Contractor and inter project interface participation
The QAQC Engineer is responsible for representing DNO to ensure all construction quality activities are carried out safely and efficiently, and the Contractor meets all his obligations, specifically:
- QAQC functions /activities, including inspection schedules and records are in accordance with the Contractor’s contractual commitments for all construction disciplines
- Supports the Company Construction Manager in dealing for all the quality matters
- All Contractor and Subcontractor inspections, reports and the documentation are correct and accurate; and are included in the project quality records and transferred to the commissioning team in a timely manner
- Support the Company operations group in verifying quality documentation for key milestone approvals such as Mechanical Completion, Pre-Start-up Safety Audit and Ready for Start-up
- Assist in the preparation of, and participation in, QAQC audits of the Contractor and Sub-contractors
- Ensures the Contractor stores and manages project materials correctly and that full traceability is maintained
- Welding & NDT qualification activities are performed correctly, and the Contractor welding procedures are adequate and correctly implemented
- Non complainant product is managed correctly
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in the oil and gas industry preferably an engineering educational or equivalent trade background, preferably in the mechanical field with 6+ years’ experience in site engineering roles
- Broad experience to competently manage quality aspects of all construction disciplines
- Both E&P Operator experience and EPC contractor experience are preferred. Gas Processing Plants experience is a necessity.
- Experience in developing and reviewing project quality plans and project specifications
- Good working knowledge of engineering codes ASME III, V, VIII, IX, XI, AWS D1.1, API-5L, API-653, ANSI B31.1, B31.8, B31.3, and API 1104.
- Experience in coordinating test pack preparation and handover documentation to ensure smooth transition to commissioning and operation
- Experience in conducting and organizing quality system audits, and audit close outs
- Good knowledge of the construction process, its implementation and management
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project/company goals
- Good computer skills, especially in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Very competent Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Able to work independently
- Strong team player
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to grasp complex issues and convey their resolution to colleagues and project stakeholders
- Hands-on, down-to-earth, practical approach, contributes personally to solve problems and get things done with a sense of urgency
- Meticulous record keeping
The role reports to EPC Projects & Planning Manager and will be based in Kurdistan for a 12 month duration. The work schedule would be rotational 6 weeks on / 2 weeks off.
- Address Kurdistan